Thread: Officer-involved shooting in Phoenix

Post imported post

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...r_Shooting.htm

PHOENIX (CN) - A homeowner says a Phoenix police officer shot him six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The family says the officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting...

Phe-f******-nomenal. If this doesn't help counter the anti's and their 'only cops should have guns' crap I'm not sure what does.

It also sure as hell doesn't help me sleep well at night knowing that this stuff happens, and near me. =(

Banned

Post imported post

Or they'll switch it up to "See, even the police shouldn't have guns."

Post imported post

Some more poking around and info from other sources. Apparently the officer who did the shooting has been cleared by some police board.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...mbula0925.html

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I guess this thread comes under the heading of self-defense during a home invasion and how to handle the aftermath?

Otherwise, its off-topic for the forum. (Much as I like keeping abreast of the Blue Wall of Silence.)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

Do I see a brown shirt in the audience?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    Do I see a brown shirt in the audience?
    Hardly. I was formerlythe forum's cop-basher-in-chief. Tempered now out of respect for John and Mike's forum rules against cop-bashing.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned

Post imported post

Yeah yeah, goosestep along now buddy.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    Yeah yeah, goosestep along now buddy.
    I'm sorry. I was taking you as being sincere and desiring genuine dialog. Are you a troll about who I was unaware?

Banned

Post imported post

Oh, sorry, didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

BACKSEAT MODERATORS ARE ANNOYING.

CUT THAT **** OUT

Post imported post

It's self moderation. Or do I have to spell that out?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
    Oh, sorry, didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

BACKSEAT MODERATORS ARE ANNOYING.

CUT THAT @#$% OUT
    QFT

Banned

Post imported post

thx997303 wrote:
    It's self moderation. Or do I have to spell that out?
    Self moderation is when you MODERATE YOUR OWN ACTIONS, NOT THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS.