• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer-involved shooting in Phoenix

Thoreau

imported post

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/...ght_Cops_Planning_Cover-Up_After_Shooting.htm

PHOENIX (CN) - A homeowner says a Phoenix police officer shot him six times in the back during a 911 home-invasion call, and the 911 tape recorded the officer's partner saying, "That's all right. Don't worry about it. I got your back. ... We clear?" The family says the officers were not aware that the 911 call was still recording as they spoke about covering up the shooting...

Phe-f******-nomenal. If this doesn't help counter the anti's and their 'only cops should have guns' crap I'm not sure what does.

It also sure as hell doesn't help me sleep well at night knowing that this stuff happens, and near me. =(

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Or they'll switch it up to "See, even the police shouldn't have guns."

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I guess this thread comes under the heading of self-defense during a home invasion and how to handle the aftermath?

Otherwise, its off-topic for the forum. (Much as I like keeping abreast of the Blue Wall of Silence.)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Do I see a brown shirt in the audience?
Hardly. I was formerlythe forum's cop-basher-in-chief. Tempered now out of respect for John and Mike's forum rules against cop-bashing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
Yeah yeah, goosestep along now buddy.

I'm sorry. I was taking you as being sincere and desiring genuine dialog. Are you a troll about who I was unaware?

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

Oh, sorry, didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

BACKSEAT MODERATORS ARE ANNOYING.

CUT THAT SHIT OUT

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
It's self moderation. Or do I have to spell that out?

Self moderation is when you MODERATE YOUR OWN ACTIONS, NOT THE ACTIONS OF OTHERS.