• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in a Bank?

C

ccloud43

imported post

I have never had a problem at any Suntrust I have been to. Which is why i closed my account at Navy Federal, They are anti gun.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
I have never had a problem at any Suntrust I have been to. Which is why i closed my account at Navy Federal, They are anti gun.
I never have any problem in my NFCU branch (Stafford VA). They have a sign on the door that says no hoods hats or sunglasses, but they never take issue with my gun.

C

ccloud43

imported post

pourshot wrote:
ccloud43 wrote:
I never have any problem in my NFCU branch (Stafford VA). They have a sign on the door that says no hoods hats or sunglasses, but they never take issue with my gun.
I know pourshot, some NFCU's have anti-gun signs and some dont. I had several talks with various NFCU managers and even wrote a letter to the corporate office and the reply was they dont allow guns in any branch. I dont want to press it further with them so that others who can carryat some branches still can.

Neplusultra

imported post

pourshot wrote:
ccloud43 wrote:
:D, Now that makes complete sense to me.....

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
pourshot wrote:
ccloud43 wrote:
I know pourshot, some NFCU's have anti-gun signs and some dont. I had several talks with various NFCU managers and even wrote a letter to the corporate office and the reply was they dont allow guns in any branch. I dont want to press it further with them so that others who can carryat some branches still can.
I have OCed at the NFCU in Springfield a few times. After deliberations with myself, I have decided to only CC in banks from now on (personal preference and tactical reasons). I have never been asked to leave NFCU while OCing.

I have also OCed at SunTrust in Arlington/Ballston area once without a problem.

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

Thundar

imported post

pourshot wrote:
joeamt wrote:
I OC in Bank Of America's EVERYWHERE! No problems yet.... :p
Even in the VAULT??:what:
Yes even the vault. I use the BOA on Nothhampton Blvd. just outside Norfolk Naval Base. I was told by the manager I could carry my firearm, but that I could not use the safe deposit box to store a gun or ammunition.

usaf0906

imported post

Thundar wrote:
pourshot wrote:
joeamt wrote:
Yes even the vault. I use the BOA on Nothhampton Blvd. just outside Norfolk Naval Base. I was told by the manager I could carry my firearm, but that I could not use the safe deposit box to store a gun or ammunition.
"Well of course you can carry it, just dont leave it here in our secured vault. Think of the children!"

ltharris

imported post

I OC in both my Suntrust and First Market Bank branchs all the time. When I used Bank of America I also OC there. No one has ever said anything. I've even had a cop waiting in line behind me to do his banking and he didn't even bat an eye.

As long as the bank isn't posted, just walk in and don't act like you might be doing something wrong.

TFred

imported post

Thundar wrote:
pourshot wrote:
joeamt wrote:
They're behind the times... any spy movie worth its salt has a scene where the good guy retrieves the gun, cash, and passports out of a safe deposit box! :)

TFred

Harper1227

imported post

i did a quick search but didnt see it mentioned. i was in chantilly today and stopped at a starbucks. i went to use the atm at the NW Federal Credit Union next store and stopped when i saw the no firearms sign. Wasnt goin in and wasnt even carrying (was technically 'at work') but i figured no reason to pay YOU $2 in fees AND then my bank $2.

didnt know if this had been mentioned before. is NW typically anti or is it just this branch? any experiences?

i took a pic of the sign I will try to send it to myself and load it.

got it...

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
i did a quick search but didnt see it mentioned. i was in chantilly today and stopped at a starbucks. i went to use the atm at the NW Federal Credit Union next store and stopped when i saw the no firearms sign. Wasnt goin in and wasnt even carrying (was technically 'at work') but i figured no reason to pay YOU $2 in fees AND then my bank $2.

didnt know if this had been mentioned before. is NW typically anti or is it just this branch? any experiences?

got it...

NW Branch in Herndon is posted as well. I will venture to say that they all are posted, but, I have only seen both Herndon and Chantilly posted.

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

riverrat10k

imported post

SunTrust has never done anything but thank me for my business. I have made a point of cashing/depositing my paychecks in the lobby rather than the drive-thru or ATM.

AbNo

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
OCd today right before closing at Bank of America. VERY crowded lobby.A few double-takes from customers, but the tellers and bank officers know me and always smile and say hello.
Yup. This used to be the case before I told BoA where they could put their bank account.

I kinda got tired of a lot of their OTHER policies, like specifically soliciting illegal aliens for bank accounts. :cuss:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Harper1227 wrote:

got it...
Looks to me they just don't want you to carry an old-fashioned revolver. They would prefer you carry a more modern, large-capacity semi-auto, of course!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

cwolfs69

imported post

:celebrate welcome to open carry. go into bank of america, several locations, all the time with the 1911 boldly apparent. i don't mean i flaunt it, i just mean that my kimber or springfield emp is quite apparent on my hip. only had a problem 1 time about 3 years ago and that guy did not actually ask me to leave. the manager just seemed to be concerned about the perception of his customers. otherwise id o it all the time. some banks, i think wachovia, have a different attitude. i try whenever possible, to educate them to the fact that they less safe by posting those signs, because the bg's ignore them and the only people who pay them any attention are the law abiding. actually had a woman say to me that they "didn't allow anyone in with guns" and loved the face drop when i ask her if she thought for a second that criminals paid any attention to her sign.her expression became very thoughtful when i stated that she might be safer if they would allow thoroughly investigated ccw holders (and open carry) in as well.

jusst some thoughts, welcome again to open carry.:D

ckwing13

imported post

ALL BB&T Banks are posted NO GUNS.... I work for BB&T as a sub contractor.

I connot carry...

Be very careful in carring there. They also have alot of robberys.