Thread: way to bring a gun into canada?

Post imported post

Once a year I goto Canada and have always just left my handgun at home. Is there a way I am able to bring it with me?
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

Almost certainly not. In general, the only handguns permitted are non-semi-autos with longer barrels. And even if what you are trying to bring in is your old S&W police revolver w/4" barrel, you certainly couldn't have it loaded or carry it anywhere.

Here's a fairly comprehensive essay on all the ins and outs of bringing firearms into Canada.

Banned

Post imported post

they have strict laws, your best bet is to go tothe consolute.

Post imported post

I am in same situation like you. Here is all the information and procedure you need to know about how to take your gun to Canada.

http://panda.com/canadaguns/#pal

Post imported post

consolute
    The what?

Post imported post

Ignore it he just did a Boo Boo

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

if you really need one up there, conceal it super well. good luck. I know people that bring theirs up across, but I wouldn't try it

Post imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
    if you really need one up there, conceal it super well. good luck. I know people that bring theirs up across, but I wouldn't try it
    Well as long as you do not get searched its ok, Otherwise you know they even strip your car when they get to it.

Post imported post

I've been told the easiest firearm to take into Canada is a hunting rifle or shotgun. I don't know the specifics but I know you have to contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

You could give them a call and find out what you will need for whatever you want to take into Canada.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

I don't know the specifics
    Did you read the link Manu and I posted? It's brim-full with specifics, including links to lots of the relevant Canadian government sites.

Post imported post

Here is a site that makes the info easy to understand with lots of tips and info & access to forms. It was last updated in May 2009.

http://www.losttarget.com/firearmcanada.html

Post imported post

they search your body? like metal detector? I know they did the cars.

Banned

Post imported post

they have a reason to suspect, your only answer to the question istwo fingers or three

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    they have a reason to suspect, your only answer to the question istwo fingers or three
    At least the Canadians will say please.....

Post imported post

kparker wrote:
    I don't know the specifics
    Did you read the link Manu and I posted? It's brim-full with specifics, including links to lots of the relevant Canadian government sites.
    Actually, no I didn't. I was offering my advice to contact the RCMP to find out what the OP might need to do. I'm not trying to get into Canada with a gun so I didn't think I needed to read it.

But if and when that becomes an issue I will make sure to read your posting, and thank you in advance for giving me everything I will need to know to complete the task.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill