Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Phoenix Metro OC dinner for Oct. 2009

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    This month's OC dinner will be in Goodyear, we decided to bring it out west this time .

    We'll have door prizes and 2A quizzes for prizes, and bring a few $$ for the AZCDL as I'm taking a collection.

    The manager at this location is very, very pro-gun, so ask him about his AK with folding stock if you attend.


    Date of dinner is Oct. 17, 2009 @ 6pm (1800 hrs)

    location is:

    Golden Corral
    420 N Dysart Rd
    Goodyear AZ



    This resturaunt is on the south side of I-10 across from Sam's Club.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    Count me in!! I might even bring my AK with folding stock.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    veprk130 wrote:
    Count me in!! I might even bring my AK with folding stock.
    Long as you can manage not to muzzle sweep the crowd and keep it safe, why not?



    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona, U.S.
    Posts
    625

    Post imported post

    I own long guns myself but have never carried them around. I'm not sure how you can comfortably have a dinner or move around the buffet area carrying a long gun. I'm curious to see if someone can manage it but it may be more trouble than it's worth. You would probably end up taking the gun off of your shoulder and setting it down which is also a hassle because you don't want it in people's way. My advice is to instead bring a cooler type of handgun instead of a long gun or a short-barreled shotgun or rifle that you could holsteras long as you have the NFA permit. I will be there with my pistol but I might have the 33 round magazine in it.

    I heard this is a popular stop for Californians coming into Phoenix. Who will be bringing the poster to string up which reads, "Welcome to Arizona?" :celebrate



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    I have the perfect setup that will allow me to sit down and walk around with no problem. All the while with the muzzle pointing downwards all the time.

    See you there!! Carry on!!!

    Ruben

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    veprk130 wrote:
    I have the perfect setup that will allow me to sit down and walk around with no problem. All the while with the muzzle pointing downwards all the time.

    See you there!! Carry on!!!

    Ruben
    im curious, how do you have it set up?

    im down to bring my ak (side folder of course) but i have a 3 point sling so sitting down would pretty much dirt dart it and make it a little awkward

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    r6-rider wrote:
    veprk130 wrote:
    I have the perfect setup that will allow me to sit down and walk around with no problem. All the while with the muzzle pointing downwards all the time.

    See you there!! Carry on!!!

    Ruben
    im curious, how do you have it set up?

    im down to bring my ak (side folder of course) but i have a 3 point sling so sitting down would pretty much dirt dart it and make it a little awkward
    Pretty much the same way except it will be strapped to my belt via a special harness. Kinda like a holster, but uses Velcro to hold it in place.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    oh yea iv seen those. iv tried to find a site that sells them but no luck. any suggestions on a good place to buy one?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    kenpoprofessor wrote:
    The manager at this location is very, very pro-gun, so ask him about his AK with folding stock if you attend.

    This piece would prob'ly send the Kommiefornians screamin' into the street... along with a few others. For a non-threatening public gathering in an eatery... I wouldn't be humpin' this rascal for 'looks' or shock value. It's about self defense. These things send more of a negative message than a positive one all in all.

  10. #10
    Regular Member GF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Peoria, AZ, ,
    Posts
    138

    Post imported post

    WOW! I've seen some of your other pices that you have posted Sonoraand all of them are amazing lol.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    Here's my little toy that I will be bringing to the dinner.

    It's a Robinson Arms Veprk 7.62x39

  12. #12
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    GF wrote:
    WOW! I've seen some of your other pices that you have posted Sonoraand all of them are amazing lol.
    Loaded with 75 rounds in the drum,it's also amazingly heavy. I'm still lookin' for a bipod that'll fit.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Loaded with 75 rounds in the drum,it's also amazingly heavy. I'm still lookin' for a bipod that'll fit.
    What I would do is get a different fore end, specifically one with a rail on it. That way you could use a Grip Pod.

    I suppose if you wanted to be cheap but effective, you could probably saw the pistol grip off, and bolt a rail to it, assuming it isn't hollow on the inside, then use a grip pod.

    Or the cheapest but heaviest option would be to bolt a rail in front of the grip, and get a picatinny bi pod to bolt onto that.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Loaded with 75 rounds in the drum,it's also amazingly heavy. I'm still lookin' for a bipod that'll fit.
    What I would do is get a different fore end, specifically one with a rail on it. That way you could use a Grip Pod.

    I suppose if you wanted to be cheap but effective, you could probably saw the pistol grip off, and bolt a rail to it, assuming it isn't hollow on the inside, then use a grip pod.

    Or the cheapest but heaviest option would be to bolt a rail in front of the grip, and get a picatinny bi pod to bolt onto that.
    You should write a book "Gun Butchery made E-Z"

  15. #15
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    You should write a book "Gun Butchery made E-Z"


    Or maybe "Bubba'd guns for dummies"

    But seriously, there is nothing to stop you from putting a bipod on that thing if you want. If you just want it to look nice, I think it's hard to beat the grip pod system. Only thing I'm not positive on is if the grip would fit through the stock as initially designed.

    Just avoid any of the barrel clamp ones, because they definitely f up AK accuracy.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  16. #16
    Regular Member brokenbarrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    blowing dust, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    206

    Post imported post

    Michigander wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    You should write a book "Gun Butchery made E-Z"


    Or maybe "Bubba'd guns for dummies"

    But seriously, there is nothing to stop you from putting a bipod on that thing if you want. If you just want it to look nice, I think it's hard to beat the grip pod system. Only thing I'm not positive on is if the grip would fit through the stock as initially designed.

    Just avoid any of the barrel clamp ones, because they definitely f up AK accuracy.
    lmao,not the usual hacking u seen on the computer...hacksaw+duct tape anything can be fixed...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Bump for those that are looking for some time to kill while expressing your rights.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  18. #18
    Regular Member Phoenix David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    I'll be there, just long as it doesn't look like a meeting of the Arizona Militia
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHOENIX, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    Phoenix David wrote:
    I'll be there, just long as it doesn't look like a meeting of the Arizona Militia
    hardly, just some good ole Arizona folks living large.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Phoenix David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glendale, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    629

    Post imported post

    RJ wrote:
    Phoenix David wrote:
    I'll be there, just long as it doesn't look like a meeting of the Arizona Militia
    hardly, just some good ole Arizona folks living large.
    Cool, first person I see in cammo paint and low crawling to the salad bar will get laughed at profusely
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHOENIX, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    65

    Post imported post

    Another successful meet and greet with a little added OC'ing done by upwards of 60 plus folks.
    Lots of new faces, which is the goal of each dinner in new locations each month.
    Lots of new comments on how to make it interesting and current.
    Fun had by all, at least from my perspective, look forward to meeting and rubbing elbows with the rest of you when able
    RJ

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    kenpoprofessor wrote:
    The manager at this location is very, very pro-gun, so ask him about his AK with folding stock if you attend.
    This piece would prob'ly send the Kommiefornians screamin' into the street... along with a few others. For a non-threatening public gathering in an eatery... I wouldn't be humpin' this rascal for 'looks' or shock value. It's about self defense. These things send more of a negative message than a positive one all in all.
    How does the under-folder operate with that drum?

    :P
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •