• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Phoenix Metro OC dinner for Oct. 2009

kenpoprofessor

imported post

This month's OC dinner will be in Goodyear, we decided to bring it out west this time
sunnies.gif

We'll have door prizes and 2A quizzes for prizes, and bring a few $$ for the AZCDL as I'm taking a collection.

The manager at this location is very, very pro-gun, so ask him about his AK with folding stock if you attend.
greensupergrin.gif

Date of dinner is Oct. 17, 2009 @ 6pm (1800 hrs)

location is:

Golden Corral
420 N Dysart Rd
Goodyear AZ

This resturaunt is on the south side of I-10 across from Sam's Club.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

kenpoprofessor

imported post

veprk130 wrote:
Count me in!! I might even bring my AK with folding stock.

Long as you can manage not to muzzle sweep the crowd and keep it safe, why not? :cool:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

protector84

imported post

I own long guns myself but have never carried them around. I'm not sure how you can comfortably have a dinner or move around the buffet area carrying a long gun. I'm curious to see if someone can manage it but it may be more trouble than it's worth. You would probably end up taking the gun off of your shoulder and setting it down which is also a hassle because you don't want it in people's way. My advice is to instead bring a cooler type of handgun instead of a long gun or a short-barreled shotgun or rifle that you could holsteras long as you have the NFA permit. I will be there with my pistol but I might have the 33 round magazine in it.

I heard this is a popular stop for Californians coming into Phoenix. Who will be bringing the poster to string up which reads, "Welcome to Arizona?" :celebrate

veprk130

imported post

I have the perfect setup that will allow me to sit down and walk around with no problem. All the while with the muzzle pointing downwards all the time.

See you there!! Carry on!!!

Ruben

r6-rider

imported post

veprk130 wrote:
I have the perfect setup that will allow me to sit down and walk around with no problem. All the while with the muzzle pointing downwards all the time.

Ruben
im curious, how do you have it set up?

im down to bring my ak (side folder of course) but i have a 3 point sling so sitting down would pretty much dirt dart it and make it a little awkward

veprk130

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
veprk130 wrote:

Ruben
im curious, how do you have it set up?

im down to bring my ak (side folder of course) but i have a 3 point sling so sitting down would pretty much dirt dart it and make it a little awkward
Pretty much the same way except it will be strapped to my belt via a special harness. Kinda like a holster, but uses Velcro to hold it in place.

r6-rider

imported post

oh yea iv seen those. iv tried to find a site that sells them but no luck. any suggestions on a good place to buy one?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
The manager at this location is very, very pro-gun, so ask him about his AK with folding stock if you attend.
greensupergrin.gif

This piece would prob'ly send the Kommiefornians screamin' into the street... along with a few others. For a non-threatening public gathering in an eatery... I wouldn't be humpin' this rascal for 'looks' or shock value. It's about self defense. These things send more of a negative message than a positive one all in all.

GF

imported post

WOW! I've seen some of your other pices that you have posted Sonoraand all of them are amazing lol.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GF wrote:
WOW! I've seen some of your other pices that you have posted Sonoraand all of them are amazing lol.
Loaded with 75 rounds in the drum,it's also amazingly heavy. I'm still lookin' for a bipod that'll fit.

Michigander

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Loaded with 75 rounds in the drum,it's also amazingly heavy. I'm still lookin' for a bipod that'll fit.
What I would do is get a different fore end, specifically one with a rail on it. That way you could use a Grip Pod.

I suppose if you wanted to be cheap but effective, you could probably saw the pistol grip off, and bolt a rail to it, assuming it isn't hollow on the inside, then use a grip pod.

Or the cheapest but heaviest option would be to bolt a rail in front of the grip, and get a picatinny bi pod to bolt onto that.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
What I would do is get a different fore end, specifically one with a rail on it. That way you could use a Grip Pod.

I suppose if you wanted to be cheap but effective, you could probably saw the pistol grip off, and bolt a rail to it, assuming it isn't hollow on the inside, then use a grip pod.

Or the cheapest but heaviest option would be to bolt a rail in front of the grip, and get a picatinny bi pod to bolt onto that.
You should write a book "Gun Butchery made E-Z"

Michigander

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
:lol:

Or maybe "Bubba'd guns for dummies"

But seriously, there is nothing to stop you from putting a bipod on that thing if you want. If you just want it to look nice, I think it's hard to beat the grip pod system. Only thing I'm not positive on is if the grip would fit through the stock as initially designed.

Just avoid any of the barrel clamp ones, because they definitely f up AK accuracy. :cuss:

brokenbarrel

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
:lol:

Or maybe "Bubba'd guns for dummies"

But seriously, there is nothing to stop you from putting a bipod on that thing if you want. If you just want it to look nice, I think it's hard to beat the grip pod system. Only thing I'm not positive on is if the grip would fit through the stock as initially designed.

Just avoid any of the barrel clamp ones, because they definitely f up AK accuracy. :cuss:
lmao,not the usual hacking u seen on the computer...hacksaw+duct tape anything can be fixed...