• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberal anti-CC OpEd piece in St. George newspaper

thx997303

imported post

Well quite obviously Rusty Shackleford got tired of Texas' oppressive gun laws and moved to Utah!

King of the Hill. Lol.

Anyway, that op ed was funny.

And in the comments, Wow, I find it funny how much some people don't like Utah. Oh well.

scorpioajr

imported post

I don't have a problem with weapons for hunting, weapons for sport, weapons for self-defense. I do, however, have a problem with guns in the wrong hands, which happens too often.

Right, that's why BCI issues permits. It's pretty much a "Good Guy"
card. So, whats the problem with issuing permits to non-res OR Utah residents??

b1ack5mith

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
I don't have a problem with weapons for hunting, weapons for sport, weapons for self-defense. I do, however, have a problem with guns in the wrong hands, which happens too often.

Right, that's why BCI issues permits. It's pretty much a "Good Guy"
card. So, whats the problem with issuing permits to non-res OR Utah residents??
+10 mace (going dungeons and dragons on their liberal asses!)

Rusty_Shackleford

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
waiiiiit a minute... rusty shackleford is supposed to be from TEXAS! :O

dalegribble-johnnyhardwick-char.jpg

"You and I may be acquainted but we are not traveling companions. I am merely here to enjoy Earth Day and play some hacky-sack." ;)

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Don't know what the editorial writer's problem is - Utah is merely making available to out-of-staters the very same license that's available to its residents, just like many states do with hunting and fishing licenses.

Carry in church? Not illegal here in Pennsylvania, nor, unlike other states, do you have to first obtain permission, and you'll rarely, if ever, see a gunbuster sign on a house of worship. Why a Personal Protection Device (a/k/a handgun) in a house of worship? Google "church shooting" and you'll have your answer.

Carry in a school? Not necessarily illegal here in Pennsylvania (there's really no case law either way on the subject). Why a Personal Protection Device (a/k/a handgun) in a school? Google "school shooting" and you'll have your answer.

Approximately 670,000 LTCFs currently in effect in Pennsylvania (out of a total population of 12,500,000) works out to approximately 1 per every 20 residents.