• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's with McMiller?

joshdr

imported post

Haha one of the banners on the site is a picture of me shooting clays.

JimE

imported post

Do you have to use/buy their targets?

I'm interested in the 200/300 range - $17/hr or $22/day. Did I read that correctly? Seems like a no-brainer. Grab a couple rifles and make of day of it.

tomm1963

imported post

You can bring your own paper targets and clays for the trap range. Sporting clays are automated. NO HUMAN SILHOUETTE TARGETS are allowed for some reason. Don't ask me why.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

tomm1963 wrote:
You can bring your own paper targets and clays for the trap range. Sporting clays are automated. NO HUMAN SILHOUETTE TARGETS are allowed for some reason. Don't ask me why.

Remember when 90% of all silhouette targets were black on manila paper?
Well, some liberal group complained because the silhouette was black, and tried to say it was to condition shooters to be able to kill a black person easier and that itadded bias against people of color.

My guess would be that McMiller tried to avoid any problems similar to that, and to try and keep the anti-gunners at a farther distance to keep human forms of the target line.

Here is a link to a MA supreme court hearing in regards to the state outlawing all human target that depict a human form at state run shooting ranges http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/lawsuits/Petition.Cert.GOAL5.pdf

FLR&@

imported post

To some it may be worth it to check out http://my.rclrc.net/index.php.

You can shoot at most anything but glass and bowling pins. Furthermore O.C. and drawing froma holster is allowed on the ranges.

Sometimes you show up and the Army has taken over most of the place, but the guys are nice and you can get a close look at there weapons and sometimes tactics. Not to mention nothing calms the soul like full auto fireon the next range.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FLR72 wrote:
To some it may be worth it to check out http://my.rclrc.net/index.php.

You can shoot at most anything but glass and bowling pins. Furthermore O.C. and drawing froma holster is allowed on the ranges.

Sometimes you show up and the Army has taken over most of the place, but the guys are nice and you can get a close look at there weapons and sometimes tactics. Not to mention nothing calms the soul like full auto fireon the next range.
Yea, I know a member and we're going down there next Sunday to shoot his new SCAR-L :) It's supposed to be really nice.

nevinsb

imported post

That's a little long of a drive for me.

I should be out shooting TH night if anyone wants to come visit. it will probably be the last time I get out shooting before I ship out.

opusd2

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I shot lots of Smurfs.

That explains the low numbers of them running around the county. They would usually eat the small shoots of corn and cause unbelievable damage in the fields on the farm, so I bought my first Smurf rifle back in the '80s. Now thanks to Doug and his quick finger, he is able to get to the herds during the winter when they shore up for the cold weather and frolic on the snowed over ball fields of Washington Isle.

So, what do I get to hunt for now? Fraggles? They are just too damn friendly and are too well protected. Besides the DNR planes have been making way too many loops over the peninsula lately. I bet they are looking for the Smurf herds that should exist. Or they are just burning up "old" gas from months ago so that it doesn't varnish up.

But I somehow believe it's Doug's penchant for Smurfs...