• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My move- any advise?

DJ_Amish

imported post

Well i lost my job this week so it looks like I'm free to travel and move to Arizona. So what can you guys tell me about living there. What do I need to do about my guns? Right now it looks like i will be in phoenix area then moving to tempe. I have already applied for my arizona nursing license so just waiting on that. Im pretty much selling everything I own and driving out there from ohio. Only bring clothes and guns, computers, and few other items.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There's nothing to do with your guns 'cept open carry one (if you want'a) as soon as you cross the AZ state line. Leave all your heavy winter clothes behind... you'll not wear them again unless you go someplace else. Note... this is NOT Miami or SoCal... it's high plains desert. Carryin loaded firearms (pistols) in you car is limited to glovebox, center console or door pocket. NOT under the seat! An AZ CWP is easy to obtain... but you'll have a hard time concealing it... 'cause it's HOT here. Do NOT OC on Indian land (anywhere). Pay attention to signs along the road. Some of AZ is 'Open Range' and is posted with a 'cow' sign.You don't want'a collect a cow... or a horse. If you come down thru the Rim Country (Gila County) watch out for bears 'n elk in the road at nite.The terrain here may seem quite alien... 'cause it's nuthin' like Ohio. Carry water in your car (always).You can't OC in any place that sells alcohol for consumption of the permises... or any place that's posted. Bring sunglasses 'n get yerself a 'cowboy' hat. The sun is murder sometimes.

They named the place Phoenix 'cause 'Flaming Buzzard That Falls From Sky Shreiking For Water" won't fit on the road signs.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The only thing that will remind you of Ohio is, well more Ohio plates on the road out here. Slowly Manitoba is becoming more predominate. The California ppl need conform or leave.

lostone1413

imported post

dreamcro wrote:
The only thing that will remind you of Ohio is, well more Ohio plates on the road out here. Slowly Manitoba is becoming more predominate. The California ppl need conform or leave.

LOL Wishful thinking. LOL I look at the ones coming from Ca. as a way bigger threat to our Gun Rights then the Illegals. Look at it this way. They live in a state ever bit as beautiful as AZ. In many parts the weather is better then in AZ. Yet they screw the state up so much they don't even want to live in it. So what do they do. They move one state over and do everything they can to make AZ like CA. Must be the salt in the air from the ocean you think?? LOL

Hard to believe that if you can remember the 50s and before Ca. was once one of the more conservatives states Then the 60s came. You had the doper hippies from out East flock to Ca. They welcomed them with open arms. Now look at the state. What you see now going on in AZ is in many ways what happened to Ca. in the 60s.

Think about it we worry about the Sorthern borders. Push come to shove and soon it will people will wake up and see the biggest threat came from our Western Border

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'See lots of IL 'n MI plates down here as well. So far... I haven't had any comments from these types as I have the Kommiefornians.

AZkopper

imported post

Sonora has forgotten that restaurant/bar carry is legal as of Sept. 30. You may carry concealed in to a bar or restaurant that sells alcohol, as long as you don't drink and the place is not posted 'no guns'.

If you are dead set on living in the Valley, more power to you. It is VERY hot, flat, and congested.

I would recommend you look around the state a bit, up here in Northern AZ we get some snow in the winter, and average 15 degrees cooler than Phoenix. Housing is cheaper, too. It's still 'high desert', but we have pine trees and fewer people.

The medical field is very strong up here, and they are always looking for people.

brokenbarrel

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
dreamcro wrote:

LOL Wishful thinking. LOL I look at the ones coming from Ca. as a way bigger threat to our Gun Rights then the Illegals. Look at it this way. They live in a state ever bit as beautiful as AZ. In many parts the weather is better then in AZ. Yet they screw the state up so much they don't even want to live in it. So what do they do. They move one state over and do everything they can to make AZ like CA. Must be the salt in the air from the ocean you think?? LOL

Hard to believe that if you can remember the 50s and before Ca. was once one of the more conservatives states Then the 60s came. You had the doper hippies from out East flock to Ca. They welcomed them with open arms. Now look at the state. What you see now going on in AZ is in many ways what happened to Ca. in the 60s.

Think about it we worry about the Sorthern borders. Push come to shove and soon it will people will wake up and see the biggest threat came from our Western Border
some of us transplants run over here to get away from all that and get back our rights,well im speaking for myself...

crisisweasel

imported post

>Sonora has forgotten that restaurant/bar carry is legal as of Sept. 30. You may carry concealed in to a bar or restaurant that sells alcohol, as long as you don't drink and the place is not posted 'no guns'.

What he specifically said was you can't open carry - he specifically said open carry - which is true...

Your point is too.

Glad to have the extra inch of freedom back and all but what a dumb way of doing it.

Oh and as for Californians...

Maybe I'm sensitive to this only because I'm from out of state originally too, but remember there are those of us who move here because we want to be Arizonans. We like the way Arizona does things better. We like a better respect for the rights of individuals, and big open spaces.

When I moved here, Arizona gained a pro-gun, pro-individual rights vote...This must be true with at least some Californians who flee their state as well.

Michigander

imported post

I had a lot of fun in the 6 months I spent in the valley, but I did some vacationing to Northern Arizona, and decided THAT was where I want to spend the majority of my adult life. My goal is to live in Prescott or Prescott valley as close as possible to the National Forest so I can get outside and have fun on a daily basis.

It's harder to get jobs there, which is why I'm back in Michigan for a while using Michigan's superior education system to broaden my job opportunities

To sum it up quickly, the valley is LA with gun rights. Northern Arizona is wild heaven with gun rights. If you can pull it off, I highly suggest northern AZ. As someone from Ohio, the cold weather in the high altitude shouldn't bother you.

AZkopper

imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
Oh and as for Californians...

Maybe I'm sensitive to this only because I'm from out of state originally too, but remember there are those of us who move here because we want to be Arizonans. We like the way Arizona does things better. We like a better respect for the rights of individuals, and big open spaces.

When I moved here, Arizona gained a pro-gun, pro-individual rights vote...This must be true with at least some Californians who flee their state as well.
Hey, no sweat, I'm an escapee from Kommiefornia too. I've been out here since 2005. AZ gained a pro-gun, pro individual rights voter in me too. I moved here because I like AZ how it is, not to change it.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

crisisweasel wrote:

You hit it on the head. We came here because we wanted to be Arizonans!!

Like I stated "they need to conform or leave" Speaking for myself, I conformed!

They came here. For what reason, I don't know. They need to realize, this IS Arizona! Things are different here, and we love it for that. They need to accept it as IS, good or bad.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'd adopted Arizona over 40 years ago... Just couldn't make it back permanantly 'til 5 years ago. 'Never 'belonged' whereI was born in Maryland (at all), but ya 'make do'. I've yet to have any native born'Zonie ask where I'm from. 'Guy last nite figured I wasn't from any further east than West Texas. I belong here. Yeah... I've lived all over... 'been 'all over'. Even a California resident (yuk) 'fore it became Kommiefornia, but I never adopted SoCal... 'never was 'home'. The only thing I'd change 'bout AZ is the encroaching Kommiefornia influence.

lostone1413

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I'd adopted Arizona over 40 years ago... Just couldn't make it back permanantly 'til 5 years ago. 'Never 'belonged' whereI was born in Maryland (at all), but ya 'make do'. I've yet to have any native born'Zonie ask where I'm from. 'Guy last nite figured I wasn't from any further east than West Texas. I belong here. Yeah... I've lived all over... 'been 'all over'. Even a California resident (yuk) 'fore it became Kommiefornia, but I never adopted SoCal... 'never was 'home'. The only thing I'd change 'bout AZ is the encroaching Kommiefornia influence.
Your so so right. Kommiefornia will be the downfall of us if we let it happen. It was because of all the transplants from Ca why we got stuck with a Governor from New York. You think that made Goldwater roll over in his grave??????

Sonora Rebel

imported post

To the OP (DJ Amish)from Ohio... Do yourself and 'us' a favor... well... not even a favor... just DO IT. Leave Ohio in 'Ohio' when you throw down your roll in Arizona.

Adapt 'n adopt. It's different here. Cowboy up...

Robin47

imported post

Come on guys, Its not all the people in Califiornia, as we have some hard core

OC-ers here, you might even say we are on the front line. Ever OC in LA ?.

The whole country in every state, exception of Alaska and Vermont.

Is being attacked, so don't blame Californians, for your own troubles.

You vote the same as we do. They just don't give you any good choices to vote for.

Many might think there are free elections, however watching over time, one might wonder.

Keeping Californians out won't stop the agenda Of the NWO.

Devided we fall. We OC-ers need to stick together in any state and all of them.

What ever state your from or live in we are first and formost "Americans".

We have a Constitution to uphold ! Freedom has always been something we need to be on watch for.

I think this winter will be hard for the whole USA, and the laws that are going to be passed. So be an "American Frist".

Robin

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Robin47 wrote:
Come on guys, Its not all the people in Califiornia, (snip)

Come 'n wander around Sedona, Prescott, Scottsdale or even Phoenix sometime 'heeled'. You'll experience the Kommiefornia influence first-hand. Everytime my wife (from Chicago of all places) sees a California license plate... she'll holler: "Go Home!'

lostone1413

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Robin47 wrote:
Come on guys, Its not all the people in Califiornia, (snip)

Come 'n wander around Sedona, Prescott, Scottsdale or even Phoenix sometime 'heeled'. You'll experience the Kommiefornia influence first-hand. Everytime my wife (from Chicago of all places) sees a California license plate... she'll holler: "Go Home!'
Great Wife you have!!!!!!!!!!! I live within 15 min of Sedona and i'm up in Prescott 3 or 4 times a month. I agree 100% with the way you see things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostone1413

imported post

Robin47 wrote:
Come on guys, Its not all the people in Califiornia, as we have some hard core
I agree not all our anti gun but you can bet way over 90% are. I see it all the time. They live in a beautiful state the weather in many places is better then we have in AZ. Yet they screw up the state so bad they don't want to live their anymore. So they move to AZ or another pro gun state and do the best they can to make it like Ca. Bet 90% or more of the pro gun people in any pro gun state will tell you the same thing. Not just AZ