Thread: VCDL/OCDO Freedom Rally Blood Drive with Va Blood Services 10/17

Post imported post

In a conversation with Phillip, Ed and others from the VCDL. We would consider it a good gesture to how giving we are as a whole, if we could have Virginia Blood Services come to our Freedom Rally Event with a blood drive. I have had contact with them and they seem to have no problem doing a gun friendly blood drive. The problem is, time is getting short and we do not have the means to physically fill out the pledge sheet they want and get them back in time to schedule.

Below I will give you the email address to Jenny Madden and I wish you would all email her with you name, the event, the date and location as well as a contact phone number for you and the fact that you would be willing to give a donation. That day a lot of eyes will be upon us.

See next post. Ed's link......

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

kennys wrote:
    In a conversation with Phillip, Ed and others from the VCDL. We would consider it a good gesture to how giving we are as a whole, if we could have Virginia Blood Services come to our Freedom Rally Event with a blood drive. I have had contact with them and they seem to have no problem doing a gun friendly blood drive. The problem is, time is getting short and we do not have the means to physically fill out the pledge sheet they want and get them back in time to schedule.

Below I will give you the email address to Jenny Madden and I wish you would all email her with you name, the event, the date and location as well as a contact phone number for you and the fact that you would be willing to give a donation. That day a lot of eyes will be upon us.
    They need a "pledge" type of count so that they don't show up for no reason. This might be a great way to show Virginia Blood Services that OCers and Gun Owners support them. Maybe they will then groups like Red Cross will stop banning gun owners at events like the Alexandria Waterfront Festival, etc.

I will set up an evite so we can give her an accurate pledge without everyone having to email her.

BLOOD DRIVE PLEDGE TO DONATE link (we need 25-30): http://tinyurl.com/freedomdrive

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

GUNS Save Lives... so do GUN OWNERS!

BLOOD DRIVE PLEDGE TO DONATE link (we need 25-30): http://tinyurl.com/freedomdrive
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

I'm assuming this is pledging to give blood... I'm not allowed to give blood.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Jut signed up.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    Jut signed up.
    Thanks.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    peter nap wrote:
    Jut signed up.
    Thanks.

I don't know if they'll take mine Ed.
    When I was with the state, I used to donate every 6 months ..until

A med student accidently gave some of my blood to a Cadaver at MCV. in about 15 minutes, it jumped up, sneaked out of the morgue, drank a case of medicinal Brandy, seduced half a dozen nurses and started a fight in the emergency room.

They never did get him back in the ice box. The had to throw him in incinerator and weld the steel door shut.

Post imported post

Virginia Blood Service does not like the meds I take so will not take my blood. I'll volunteer to drink the coffee for those who do donate.

I'll also hold your firearms while you are laying there on the cots on the bus - don't want them to fall and get scratched. Be sure to hold on to your claim checks - no tickee, no gunee.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Kenny was just contacted and told that they have no one available to man a blood drive at the Freedom Rally or any means to be able to shift there schedule on the notice. They are all booked up with donators. Kenny is however still working with Bass Pro to hold one there where we could have VCDL tables and such. That one depending on scheduling will take place in the NOV to Dec time frame. Good time for someone to buy a VCDL membership for Christmas. They have contacted me about a meeting, and I have invited them as well to our OC dinner next week as it is in there area so they can learn a little about us. They seem to feel between them selves, VCDL, as well as OCDO we could make this a fun and beneficial event. It was beyond what VA Blood Services could do in short notice and keep them on the watch for the up coming VCDL/OCDO/Bass Pro Drive, he would appreciate it. It was defiantly a good try though.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -