• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

450 Mayors Petition Obama To Adopt Broad Gun Reform

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've searched on OCDO & didn't see anything about this. Obviously from the Bloomey group of Mayors.

http://tinyurl.com/y93hs4z

One quote that was pretty damning was..."The mayor's coalition created this document for policy discussion," said Jason Post, a spokesman for Bloomberg's office. There are no plans for public release of the document, which is being distributed to key members of Obama's administration and agencies affected by the recommendations."

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DoubleR wrote:
I've searched on OCDO & didn't see anything about this. Obviously from the Bloomey group of Mayors.

http://tinyurl.com/y93hs4z

One quote that was pretty damning was..."The mayor's coalition created this document for policy discussion," said Jason Post, a spokesman for Bloomberg's office. There are no plans for public release of the document, which is being distributed to key members of Obama's administration and agencies affected by the recommendations."
I've seen somewhere (don't remember though) that several of the mayors who signed on to this fertilizer withdrew after (public outcry) finding out the sinister nature and lies behind Bloomberg's agenda became known to them. Sort of like the UN IPCC.

TFred

imported post

If your mayor signed this document under their title of Mayor of whatevertown, USA, wouldn't the document be subject to a FOIA request?

What about the BATFE who received a copy of the letter?

It's pretty scary that they are trying to hide the contents of this document from the public.

TFred

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It ahs been reported in many conservative vernues that many of the mayors that initially signed on to this have since abandoned it, demanding that their names be stricken from the document.

JBURGII

imported post

I already traded e-mails with a local mayor here about her involvement in the Mayors Against Illegal Guns.. I actually got a personal response. My question was on their definition of illegal guns.. is not the idea that we keep criminals from USING guns in an illegal manner? I was pointing out the fact that there are already tens of thousands of laws on the books concerning the use of firearms and targeting the gun itself was a waste of our elected officials time and energy.

Dang me and my curiosity..

Rev. Jim II

btw, I have yet to get a response from my second e-mail to her office.. she must be busy.

Statesman

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
It ahs been reported in many conservative vernues that many of the mayors that initially signed on to this have since abandoned it, demanding that their names be stricken from the document.
Too late. The public knows who the anti-gun mayors are now.