• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry Question - Maybe Moving

Pace

imported post

I've been offered a good job in Westminster, would be the third move of a year.

I'm very, very confused about the open carry in Colorado. I've lived in Nevada & Arizona, OC everywhere...

What is the exact status, for example below?

Westminster Law:
(E) It shall be a criminal offense for anyone, other than a police officer, an armored car employee providing money transport from a city facility, a private security guard hired by the city, or an authorized city employee, to carry any weapon in view onto or in a city premises. Possession of a concealed handgun permit shall be of no defense if the handgun is carried in such a manner as to be visible, in whole or in part, or accessible for any length of time to another individual.

entartet17

imported post

Westminster's OC ban on city-owned property is preempted by State law.

29-11.7-104. Regulation - carrying - posting. "A local government may enact an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government's jurisdiction. If a local government enacts an ordinance, regulation, or other law that prohibits the open carrying of a firearm in a building or specific area, the local government shall post signs at the public entrances to the building or specific area informing persons that the open carrying of firearms is prohibited in the building or specific area."

Westminster may only ban OC in specific areas and signs must be posted. I know Westminster does not have signage posted (except at a few building entrances) so they cannot ban OC. I think that part of the city ordinances that you referenced is an old provision that has never been removed.