Thread: 30 Days: Gun Rights Edition

Post imported post

http://www.hulu.com/watch/25712/30-d...ion#s-p1-so-i0

This is an interesting episode of 30 Days where an anti-gun woman goes out to rural Ohio to live with a pro-gun dad and son.

Share this video with friends and family and post it to as many anti-gun and pro-gun websites as you can...

Post imported post

I disagree, I viewed this whole video as fairly slanted in the lib view. The woman was an absolute nut case.

Post imported post

David.Car wrote:
    I disagree, I viewed this whole video as fairly slanted in the lib view. The woman was an absolute nut case.
    everything on "30 Days" was slanted to the liberal viewpoint...

Post imported post

I agree with that, hence why I don't suggest posting it around places as a good thing.

Post imported post

Well, I did see that one and enjoyed it quite a bit. The person who started out so anti-gun that she cried when she first shot a gun ended up recognizing that there are legitimate uses for firearms. More of a turnaround than I'd expect in only 30 days, and quite entertaining.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

"Some states even allow people to carry firearms old west style, right out in the open"

I didn't think it was a bad episode, as already stated yes it is skewed to the liberal side of things. But I think she also learned that you can't just try and take away all guns that aren't for police or military. I found interesting the point that the other activist from ceasefire made, something to the effect of we dont say that we wont be able to heal all cancer so we shouldn't try. But that point is not really applicable to what she is saying because with doctors and scientists working to cure cancer no rights are infringed. By increasing gun control you are increasing the amount that law abiding citizens have their rights infringed. The show did go a long way in 30 days though, from crying when she first shot that "rifle" to saying that it is a skill and actually being able to fire a handgun at a range multiple times and being ok with it, was a big step for her.