• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

30 Days: Gun Rights Edition

Tawnos

imported post

Well, I did see that one and enjoyed it quite a bit. The person who started out so anti-gun that she cried when she first shot a gun ended up recognizing that there are legitimate uses for firearms. More of a turnaround than I'd expect in only 30 days, and quite entertaining.

dbark

imported post

"Some states even allow people to carry firearms old west style, right out in the open"

I didn't think it was a bad episode, as already stated yes it is skewed to the liberal side of things. But I think she also learned that you can't just try and take away all guns that aren't for police or military. I found interesting the point that the other activist from ceasefire made, something to the effect of we dont say that we wont be able to heal all cancer so we shouldn't try. But that point is not really applicable to what she is saying because with doctors and scientists working to cure cancer no rights are infringed. By increasing gun control you are increasing the amount that law abiding citizens have their rights infringed. The show did go a long way in 30 days though, from crying when she first shot that "rifle" to saying that it is a skill and actually being able to fire a handgun at a range multiple times and being ok with it, was a big step for her.