• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

Took a ride out to the country property in Independence. Wife and daughter went in to buy some groceries. The son and I walked over to the grassy parking lot right next to the store and threw the football to one another. Carried a DW Razorback 10 mm in aleather hip holster on my strong side in plain view. I was wearing a nice pull over button up shirt, tucked in,with decentshorts and running shoes, no big deal!

Somelooks andstares, mostly from the females. Certainly not because of my looks. After about an half hour, wife came out with groceries and we got in the car and drove over to the homestead.

georg jetson

imported post

Nice area... I've spent quite a bit of time out there lately, occasionally giving a gunsmith (located in Loranger just east of Independence) a hand. Being there has given me the oportunity to meet several of the deputies with the Tangipahoa's Sheriff's office and they seem to be very "OC" positive.

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

Thank you Georg Jetson for your reply. Good News regarding theOC positive response from TSO deputies. I was not sure regarding the response I would get fromthe local police officers.

I hope more and more people exercise their liberties. We all know, what happens when we don't.

We are trying (note I said trying) to sell our home in Terrytown, La.