• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Renewal Question

TFred

imported post

The renewal form requests that I return the whole form, but to be honest, I'd rather save the stamp.

Can I use a Bill Pay system to renew my membership? They will send a check in my name, and I can include the membership number in the memo of the check...

I figure someone from VCDL will see this and others may benefit from the answer.

TFred

kenny

imported post

TFred wrote:
The renewal form requests that I return the whole form, but to be honest, I'd rather save the stamp.

Can I use a Bill Pay system to renew my membership?  They will send a check in my name, and I can include the membership number in the memo of the check...

I figure someone from VCDL will see this and others may benefit from the answer.

TFred

They took my check last year and I assume they have taken it again this year.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

TFred wrote:
Can I use a Bill Pay system to renew my membership? They will send a check in my name, and I can include the membership number in the memo of the check...

I did just that.

Seemed to work fine.

Marco

imported post

Or you could just renew when you're at a Gun show.

The members working the both will gladly assist you with renewing, a crowd at the booth tends to draw others over as well.
Working or stopping by the VCDL booth is a great way to meet other VCDL members.

ECB

imported post

I always like to get more new members than Bubba Ron. :celebrate

AbNo

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Or you could just renew when you're at a Gun show.

The members working the both will gladly assist you with renewing, a crowd at the booth tends to draw others over as well.
Working or stopping by the VCDL booth is a great way to meet other VCDL members.
I know I've signed up MY share of people at gun shows. :D

Bubba Ron

imported post

There's a gun show at the Virginia Beach Convention Center this weekend - October 10 & 11, 2009...we'll be glad to renew your membership!!! Thanks Ed...but we're taking LOTS of brochures...

TFred

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
There's a gun show at the Virginia Beach Convention Center this weekend - October 10 & 11, 2009...we'll be glad to renew your membership!!! Thanks Ed...but we're taking LOTS of brochures...
Ha ha, well I certainly appreciate the offer and the friendly competition, but somehow, I think driving 150 miles to a gun show, then paying an entry fee, to avoid spending 44 cents on a stamp doesn't quite add up... :)

TFred