• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ALERT: MI Sheriff's training on how to arrest OCers.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
SNIP Do you always have to interject and try to discredit someone?

Uh, oh. You fell for it, EC. :)

HankT is our resident troll. He is fishing for reactions. He wants you to get annoyed, upset, angry, etc. His existence here is one long history of needling and baiting people.

By the way, don't answer his questions. He doesn't really want to know. He's just using them to get a rise out of you, to lure you intosatisfying his need to see other people upset. He feeds on it.
I had no intention of answering the question :D
I just haven't seen him do one constructive thing since I've been here.

*shrug*

oh well.

Haman J.T.

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Evil Creamsicle wrote:
SNIP Do you always have to interject and try to discredit someone?

Uh, oh. You fell for it, EC. :)

HankT is our resident troll. He is fishing for reactions. He wants you to get annoyed, upset, angry, etc. His existence here is one long history of needling and baiting people.

By the way, don't answer his questions. He doesn't really want to know. He's just using them to get a rise out of you, to lure you intosatisfying his need to see other people upset. He feeds on it.
I had no intention of answering the question :D
I just haven't seen him do one constructive thing since I've been here.

*shrug*

oh well.
HankT's location-invisible mode?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

conservative85 wrote:
There were traitors in the revolution! I suppose there are traitors now!

Citizen wrote:
...I do understand that I am made anassumption that Hanky owns a gun, a point that has been disputed on this board.
106.gif

mastiff69

imported post

Oh look i saw a UFO or was that a (IM):lol:, or was that hank T

i will take Venator's info to heart, as i haveseen the writing on the wall (ps, not the bathroom wall )

The days of darkness are upon us, and evil is prevailing, unless we as the sheep hearders keep our eyes on the wolf in sheeps coverings.

sorry went on a soft rant !

mikestilly

imported post

Now is the time to bring it to Sheriff Bouchard if this is in fact true. He is easy to contact so is Mike Cox. Both would be good resources to put a stop to it before it takes place.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Let's see what happens. If the information is correct we can take action to combat it. If the information is incorrect I will correct it and apologise as I stated above.

We have had misinformation in the past, but my source is reputable, but he/she/it may have had some misunderstanding. I will know more in a day or two.

mikestilly

imported post

Yep, I agree. You are handling this right to me V. Video proof would be quite damning for them and could prompt an investigation if this type of crap actually takes place.

CoonDog

imported post

I'm not sure why his location is listed as invisible, he's known to be from Virginia. Arlington, perhaps? He works for .gov in some form, so my guess is he's questioning so pointedly in order to gauge the true nature of the response, as in, does this poster constitute a threat to law and order.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator wrote:
Let's see what happens. If the information is correct we can take action to combat it. If the information is incorrect I will correct it and apologise as I stated above.

We have had misinformation in the past, but my source is reputable, but he/she/it may have had some misunderstanding. I will know more in a day or two.
I agree... I can see how they could use current law to really muddy the OC waters a bit. I won't get into specific details but if you read through some of the posts in California, you will get the idea that there are "creative" ways for LEOs to use the system.

I do agree with Mastiff69: we are facing a particularly tough point in regards to OC. Speaking only for my unofficial observation, I think originally when the OC stories started coming in, we had some difficulty with LEOS but then it started to wane a bit (never really disappearing). Within the last few months it seems that we are once again gradually experiencing more incidents that could be termed "negative".

We can't be lulled into the thought that recent encounters with LEOS and private businesses are only exceptions to generally pleasant OC experiences. Those opposed to firearms, and OC in particular, seem to be gaining ground in some areas. Hopefully, it is just a meager attempt to stop the movement. We can't rest at this point... we need to work harder to show that the lawful OC of firearms is a good thing for everyone.

IanB

imported post

Hank likes to ask questions but he won't answer them himself. We have a long standing question for Hank which is "Do you open carry Hank?" But he won't answer it with a yes or no answer. I wonder why?

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Not that I like the idea of this happening, but it appears that this organization isprivately funded. As long as the attendees are not on the taxpayers clock, I don't see what can be done. They are entitiled to pursue anygoal they wish when on their own time and dime.

The key is to remember what people are doing / have donewhen it is election time!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
Not that I like the idea of this happening, but it appears that this organization isprivately funded. As long as the attendees are not on the taxpayers clock, I don't see what can be done. They are entitiled to pursue anygoal they wish when on their own time and dime.

The key is to remember what people are doing / have donewhen it is election time!

I bet the Sheriffs are on the clock when they attend the training, as well as using county cars and per diems. But that's not the point. The point is what strategy is being proposed against OCers at the training and how can we counter it.

But first lets see what they have to say in this regard.