• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redlands Market Night OC Meet

wewd

imported post

We had a successful OC meet at the Redlands State Street Market Night last month and some suggested at the Temecula meet that we do it again. So I'm proposing that we meet for the coming Market Night this Thursday, October 8th. 6:30pm should be a good time.

We will be meeting in the Redlands Mall parking lot in the southwest corner near the Gottschalks building. There is usually plenty of parking in that area between 6 and 6:30. I am including a map to show the approximate meeting area (blue dot) as well as the no-go 1000-foot school zones in the area (overlaid in red). You will have to stay north of Citrus street and west of 9th street to stay out of the zones. Everywhere else is fine. Redlands PD is always present at Market Night so you should expect to get 12031(e) checked although we were not at last month's meeting.

Anyone who wishes to attend please post in this thread and I will PM you with a phone number you can call in case you get lost or are late to the meeting. We will probably be in the area until 9pm or so. If you are able, you should print out a number of the open carry brochures and flyers that are available on the California forum to hand out to people curious about open carry. I look forward to seeing you all there.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Please take the map down, as it may be used as evidence if one of the attendees happens into the "red zone" by mistake. No need to make conviction easy. (Remember, unfriendly types lurk here.)

I suggest instead of posting maps, simply offer that you have one available, then send it via e-mail or PM.

wewd

imported post

I'm going to leave it up because I don't want someone to park their car in the red zone. As long as you park in the mall parking lot and stay on State street up to 9th street, you'll be OK. All of Orange street is also OK. We will be going as a group, and there's really no reason to go into the red zone except maybe to park, and I pointed out on the map where the best place to park is.

Decoligny

imported post

demnogis wrote:
FYI open parking lots are not considered "private property".

Has your map been changed to accommodate this?

As the parking lot is not within 1,000 feet of school property, and they are carrying UOC, what does private property have to do with anything?

wewd

imported post

guitrman1001 wrote:
I will be there pending long work day!  Hope to see you all there!

Guit

You missed the last one, just make up some excuse and get out of work early this time! :lol:

demnogis

imported post

I thought the map he had posted... all of the red area was within GFSZ and that the parking lot was not redded out because it was "private property".

Decoligny wrote:
demnogis wrote:
FYI open parking lots are not considered "private property".

Has your map been changed to accommodate this?

As the parking lot is not within 1,000 feet of school property, and they are carrying UOC, what does private property have to do with anything?

wewd

imported post

This is happening tonight so if anyone else wants to go, either post in this thread or show up at 6:30. I was hoping we would get a bigger group than last month but so far it's pretty much the same bunch. See you all there.

guitrman1001

imported post

Hey guys thanks for going I had a great time... "E" check went the way it should...
.... no razzing me cause I gave my first name ok!!!!

I thought it was great how you gave the Citizens Patrol people that called us in... a flyer! That was comical.

Did you guys get the same feeling as I did those kids in the store we got our drinks
from was up to something till they saw us? LOL

All and all a great night!!

Guit

Legend_AB

imported post

Wewd, Guitarman, his girlfriend and I were standing around near a couple of RPD Citizens Patrol volunteers when they notice Wewd's gun.

We start walking past them and they see that three of us are carrying,we can also hear the woman RPDCP calling something in on her radio... we figured she was calling the real cops but just kept on walking.

Three or four minuets later we notice a LEO fast walk right past us on or left side and he went past us about 10-15 yards until one of the RPDCP ran over to him and pointed back at us. lol

He came back to where we were and asked us how we were and to step over to the side a bit so we wouldn't be right in the middle of were everyone was walking. He asked us if we were part of the open carry thing and we told him yes we were unloaded open carrying.

He said that was fine but that he just needed to check that the guns were unloaded and that we would be on our way. He e-checked all three of our guns really quick and left.

What was funny is that there was this small crowd watching us and we could hear some kids saying that we were getting busted and then their looks when the LEO just handed back our guns. lol

I think the only reason we got e-checked was because the RPDCP called it in. We had already walked by 7-8 LEO's and they either didn't see or care. Same as a few weeks ago.

On the walk back the other way we saw the same RPDCP's and Wewd and I walked over to them. As we came up I handed them a couple of pamphlets and talked to them for a bit.

They said that they've had training on UOC and that the only reason the called it in was because they saw the magazine in the well of Wewd's gun and they couldn't tell if it was unloaded.

We talked for a few minutes and shook hands.

All in all a very good outing.

wewd

imported post

We had a great meet. We passed out a number of brochures and flyers to citizens but not nearly as many as we did at the Temecula meet. We did get e-checked by the Redlands PD. The officer was very professional and definitely knew the deal on open carry and e-checks. He didn't question us or lecture us, just checked our weapons and asked if we minded giving our names to which some of us :)cool:) declined. The officer did have trouble getting my Glock out of the Safariland holster and I had to remove it for him. Afterwards we were on our way again. It's good to see that Redlands PD is up on open carry especially after previous comments by the Chief of Police there. We gave brochures to the RPD Citizen's Patrol who called us in, who said they had read about open carry but were not totally up on the laws and procedures. They were all very nice and didn't come off as anti-carry or anything like that. Even though I believe that e-checks are unconstitutional (as is the requirement to carry unloaded) it went as well as it possibly could.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I love that part about the kids being educated!

It just hit me...A small but goodby-product of the 12031(e) check is that LEO are actually participating in an education of those on-lookers!

It's like they're giving their stamp of approval by handing your firearm back to you in front of the general public; instead of someone thinking thatofficerjust didn't see or the general public not noticing you.

A real-live educational skit about open carry made possible by a 12031(e) check!

Never thought of it that way. :what:

coolusername2007

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I love that part about the kids being educated!

It just hit me...A small but goodby-product of the 12031(e) check is that LEO are actually participating in an education of those on-lookers!

It's like they're giving their stamp of approval by handing your firearm back to you in front of the general public; instead of someone thinking thatofficerjust didn't see or the general public not noticing you.

A real-live educational skit about open carry made possible by a 12031(e) check!

Never thought of it that way. :what:
Good point. But, did you just take some sort of positive thinking seminar?! :lol: You actually turned something really bad, into something...well (gulp) good.