• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News Story

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Venator wrote:
cabman1 wrote:
venator are you in on the open carry friendly contest?

Well since I had the stickers made up I can't lose as every one you fine people get posted I count as a fraction of my score. So keep it up and we all win.

I will say I only have had a few posted, so good job cabman.

you know lunch with you is one of the possible prizes if I can get you to do it with your busy schedule?(its the grand prize) http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/32341.html
I'm not sure that's a prize, You want to motivate not nauseate. How about I buy lunch for the winner and they get a MOC mug and a 2A March bumper sticker as well.

Banger

imported post

Thats the biggest bunch of :cuss:ever. How in their right mind can that board sleep at night after justifying this situation? This forum has really continued to open my eyes to the travesties that go on in this country on a daily basis

hopnpop

imported post

Banger wrote:
Thats the biggest bunch of :cuss:ever. How in their right mind can that board sleep at night after justifying this situation? This forum has really continued to open my eyes to the travesties that go on in this country on a daily basis
This one's gotta be up there on the list. It's just UN-friggin-believable. I'm certainly not anti-cop or the like, I only think those who screw up need to be held accountable. This is just nuts.

CoonDog

imported post

So who's job is it to investigate the board? The board is internally administrative/consultative and bears no external legal authority, so why doesn't the PA bring charges against the officer and let a jury sort it out?

Please don't tell me the PA is also covering for the cop...

THway

imported post

This article/situation is very sad.... I have little faith in the legal system to begin with... and this just reinforces my thoughts.

Things like this happen all the time. There was a lady in detroit who had her house raided ( the police raided the wrong house) and shot and killed her families pet and held her and her very young son at gun point. THE police were not held accountable for any of their actions, NOR those who signed and checked this warrent before it was enforced. I will post the link to this article as soon as i find it...

Beretta8045

imported post

Had Fox News on in the background and heard them briefly talk about this a few minutes ago. I think it was a teaser, so hopefully they'll talk about this more later.

UCWT

imported post

THway wrote:
This article/situation is very sad.... I have little faith in the legal system to begin with... and this just reinforces my thoughts.

Things like this happen all the time. There was a lady in detroit who had her house raided ( the police raided the wrong house) and shot and killed her families pet and held her and her very young son at gun point. THE police were not held accountable for any of their actions, NOR those who signed and checked this warrant before it was enforced. I will post the link to this article as soon as i find it...

I often ponder the "what ifs" in that kind of case because they don't really announce themselves, it normally takes place pre- dawn or dusk to catch you off guard.
DOG BARKING!! Wake up thinking WTF are they barking at??(When I get woke up like that clothes have no meaning and I'm READY! Ask the repo man that came for my car ha ha that's another story)
CRASH!! Yelling, shots fired, dogs yelp silence!
Home owner comes out shootin and gets a few before they take him down.

Ok even could apply to the stated topic.

since I seen no where that they notified the owner being in the house and shot him and "what if" his wife was back up for the husband also protecting her family and got off a couple of loosely grouped steel shots wounding /killing the two leos because they came in unannounced and shot her husband.

Would they treat it in the same manner??

I would guess no!

Darroll

imported post

I wouldn't normally say this but who thinks that if Mr Arambula was white this wouldn't have happened to him? Sounds like an over zealous racist cop shot the first Hispanic male they saw.

Sure wish our founding fathers would have seen this type of behavior coming and tried to prevent it. Oh wait they did..........

Darroll

imported post

As I pulled up to see the latest happenings on this case I found that the officer was cleared of any wrong doing. How is this possible? The homeowner was shot in the back!!!!!!

Some days I swear we have already passed the point of no return and I ned to get out.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

"If Brian would have known there was a homeowner in there, he probably would have hesitated," Gannon said, "but if he had hesitated, and it was the (suspect), the outcome could have been tragic."

Oh yeah, a$$hole? And you think that the true outcome wasn't tragic? If he had hesitated on the suspect, what likely would have happened is he would have taken one or two to the vest, been 'rescued' by his partner, and been fine, maybe with a broken rib or something... A cop who shoots first and asks questions later is more a danger to society than an actual criminal, and this case is proven testament to that fact, since the criminal in question was captured before the cops even arrived.

Ironically, 'Ganon' is a video game bad guy, who is inherently evil and is appropriately modeled after a giant pig.
return_of_ganon.png