Thread: New carry/backup gun

Post imported post

Went to Monroe yesterday and picked up something I've been dreaming of for a few years.

West German assembly, 1972 manufacture, looks like very few rounds fired through it. I am quite pleased and am now figuring out what the options are for carry, holsters, etc, and exactly what I want for this one.

Post imported post

I have a little deep concealment BUG. Mine is a Beretta Bobcat. I use an ankle holster for it, and it is very hard to pick out. If I wear a boot you'd have to have a metal detector.
    It's always nice to have a spare....

Sweet Walther!

Post imported post

The name's Solong, Here Solong

Post imported post

I don't OC all the time, but I do CC all of the time, even when I OC. Ankle carry is a great way to carry a backup. I like it especially because I spend a lot of time in a car, and if I am carrying on my belt, the gun is unavailable because of cover clothing and a seatbelt. The ankle gun is right there and very quick todraw as I'm already sitting down. Mine is a CTC lasergripped Kahr MK9 w/Triji's, loaded with Win Ranger 127gr +P+. Nice Walther. Always liked how smooth those guns are!

Post imported post

I'm a Walther newbie, can someone tell me what model of Walther this is?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Lynnwood and Capitol Hill, Washington, USA

Post imported post

Nice Walther. I just put the new PK380(They had just got it in) on layaway yesterday and got a screamin' deal on it! :celebrate

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    I'm a Walther newbie, can someone tell me what model of Walther this is?
    It is a PPK/S 9mm Short (.380). The S was a modification from the original PPK (Police Detective Pistol) which was too light to meet the requirements of the 1968 Gun
    Control Act (there was a points system for importing guns).

As far as how it shoots, this thing is a dream. I fired three magazines of seven rounds each at 10 yards at a silhouette target. The action is incredible, the trigger pull easy, and the return to target as you would expect from a light round. The third magazine I ever fired and I put all seven bullets through a four inch round firing as fast as I could get the muzzle back on target. And I am not a very good shot, generally.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

I hate the way the magazine sticks out of the grip. I love my PPS.

Post imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    I hate the way the magazine sticks out of the grip. I love my PPS.
    The PPS has optional magazines that stick out further also. Otherwise you only get six rounds. What if seven guys come after you? Huh? What are you going to do then?

I love my PPK. Plus, it is so cool. As was pointed out earlier. Solong, Here Solong. Hahahaha.

Post imported post

I carry a Walther P22 on my ankle some times for a back up to my 40. Sometimes I feel like a back up is overkill but its still fun
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

@heresolong: Thanks for the description
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill