• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New carry/backup gun

heresolong

imported post

Went to Monroe yesterday and picked up something I've been dreaming of for a few years.

walther_ppk_rhs.jpg

walther_ppk_lhs.jpg

West German assembly, 1972 manufacture, looks like very few rounds fired through it. I am quite pleased and am now figuring out what the options are for carry, holsters, etc, and exactly what I want for this one.

Hammer

imported post

I have a little deep concealment BUG. Mine is a Beretta Bobcat. I use an ankle holster for it, and it is very hard to pick out. If I wear a boot you'd have to have a metal detector.
It's always nice to have a spare....

Sweet Walther!

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

I don't OC all the time, but I do CC all of the time, even when I OC. Ankle carry is a great way to carry a backup. I like it especially because I spend a lot of time in a car, and if I am carrying on my belt, the gun is unavailable because of cover clothing and a seatbelt. The ankle gun is right there and very quick todraw as I'm already sitting down. Mine is a CTC lasergripped Kahr MK9 w/Triji's, loaded with Win Ranger 127gr +P+. Nice Walther. Always liked how smooth those guns are!

heresolong

imported post

killchain wrote:
I'm a Walther newbie, can someone tell me what model of Walther this is?
It is a PPK/S 9mm Short (.380). The S was a modification from the original PPK (Police Detective Pistol) which was too light to meet the requirements of the 1968 Gun
Control Act (there was a points system for importing guns).

As far as how it shoots, this thing is a dream. I fired three magazines of seven rounds each at 10 yards at a silhouette target. The action is incredible, the trigger pull easy, and the return to target as you would expect from a light round. The third magazine I ever fired and I put all seven bullets through a four inch round firing as fast as I could get the muzzle back on target. And I am not a very good shot, generally.

heresolong

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
I hate the way the magazine sticks out of the grip. I love my PPS.
The PPS has optional magazines that stick out further also. Otherwise you only get six rounds. What if seven guys come after you? Huh? What are you going to do then? :)

I love my PPK. Plus, it is so cool. As was pointed out earlier. Solong, Here Solong. Hahahaha.

fire suppressor

imported post

I carry a Walther P22 on my ankle some times for a back up to my 40. Sometimes I feel like a back up is overkill but its still fun :)