• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Easy day

heresolong

imported post

I know, some people complain when we post up days with no confrontations, as though we are pointing out the abnormality of OC, but I think it helps me, even a couple years later, to read the occasional positive story.

So, here goes. Friday, day off thanks to state budget cuts at our school district. Yay! Off I go. Stop at Wings, a local motorcycle parts shop to BS for a bit with the owner. Chat with a fellow who apparently works for the city of Bellingham in some sort of criminal justice capacity. We chat about SVGs experience, of which he has heard. He and I seem to disagree on whether SVG should have been detained at the police station when he showed up to file a complaint, but he was astounded to learn that they never did let him file a complaint, and that they kept him in cuffs even after he expressed a desire to leave. He hadn't heard that part of the story. I gave him a flyer even though he said he already knew what the laws were.

Up to WalMart. Tshirt and jeans, no jacket or shirt so I am carrying my 45 pretty exposed in a Fobus retention holster. No problems at all, even spoke to two employees while trying to find the stuff I needed. Cashed out and left.

Over to Best Buy. Looking for a case for my BB Tour. Chatted with a girl working the cell phone accessory area to find out that they didn't have what I needed.

Off to the mall. Nope. Didn't do it. They have a posted "No Firearms" policy. Since I had no way to conceal, I left it in the truck and ran in to do my errands.

All in all, a good day.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Those are the stories I like to hear, Wings is a great shop, and the owner said he only know one other guy who open carries, and he works on Harley's ......since I know your name I did a little name dropping. He is supportive of our cause, and seems to have a lot of respect for you. He also made me a great deal on a Helmet.

Its cool Best Buy gave you no problems since some have posted problems I carried for the first time there Friday too, late afternoon, you beat me to it also know problems.

Doesn't surprise me the city worker didn't get the whole story. I have been back to the police station open carrying and they still wouldn't let me file a complaint, but didn't detain me. I did drop off a letter to the chief and they now want to meet and talk.....we'll see how that goes...

How was the Oyster Run? I had out of town family in and ended up in Seattle and didn't make it.

cdjspider

imported post

Its always great when you have uneventful days while carrying. I wish I did more OCing, but sense when ever I do go somewhere its usually to school and thats one problem I dont want.

About going to the mall though, I have never seen a no firearms sign. Is it new or I am I just going through the only non posted door. I always seem to hit Kohl's first.

Magister

imported post

Believe me spider, the mall is anti-gun. The whole corporation that owns it and a good 40-50% of the rest of the malls in the US is anti-gun. Actually, someone (I never found out who) was open carrying there years back and I refused to give them the boot. Got canned but I found this place! :D

heresolong

imported post

cdjspider wrote:
Its always great when you have uneventful days while carrying. I wish I did more OCing, but sense when ever I do go somewhere its usually to school and thats one problem I dont want.

About going to the mall though, I have never seen a no firearms sign. Is it new or I am I just going through the only non posted door. I always seem to hit Kohl's first.
They only have signs posted on the main entrance that I have seen. If you come in through Kohl's, Penney's, Sears, etc, you have no signage and then they kick you out. At some point, anyway.

You could always get it out and put it on after you leave school. I am assuming you mean university and there are no legal penalties for non-compliance with the illegal WAC that the universities here have. They can kick you out of school, but only if they find out you are carrying. No reason they ever should unless something happens and you have to pull the firearm out to defend yourself.

heresolong

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I did drop off a letter to the chief and they now want to meet and talk.....we'll see how that goes...

How was the Oyster Run? I had out of town family in and ended up in Seattle and didn't make it.
Take a witness when you talk to the chief or record the conversation. This would be a perfect place for one of those pen recorders. You may also wish to talk to your lawyer prior to the meeting to make sure you don't prejudice anything.

The Oyster Run was great. Huge crowds, sunny day, had an awesome time.

David.Car

imported post

Remember the tour is the same exact thing as T-Mobiles Blackberry 8900 (Code name Javelin, Bold, or Curve II) just released about a year later on a different network. (Have had mine for months and months :p)

So you can find the cases and such in T-Mobile stores as well.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I might try that the qik software when I go in. I plan on not saying anything and just seeing where they stand, I haven't found a lawyer yet but did find one interested in looking at the case now. I have to get the incident reports for him, so I will ask for those while I am there.

Also all the employees at Big 5 seem pro gun I don't think you'd get hassled in there even though they are at the mall.

cdjspider

imported post

heresolong wrote:
cdjspider wrote:

They only have signs posted on the main entrance that I have seen. If you come in through Kohl's, Penney's, Sears, etc, you have no signage and then they kick you out. At some point, anyway.

You could always get it out and put it on after you leave school. I am assuming you mean university and there are no legal penalties for non-compliance with the illegal WAC that the universities here have. They can kick you out of school, but only if they find out you are carrying. No reason they ever should unless something happens and you have to pull the firearm out to defend yourself.
I figured the mall was anti-gun, but I've OC'd there a few times without a word from anyone. Well, except for that "mall cop" he looked at me and then saw my gun...his eyes got as big as saucers, but never heard from anyone or saw any cops after.

I know its legal to carry at college, but lets just say going to an other school is not an other option. Although, it shouldn't be to much of a problem for to long. I just bought me a nice LCP and I'm just waiting to the money to buy this
http://www.gunnersecurity.com/holster-shoulder.html

Also on a side note I feel like complaining on how hard .380 ammo is to find, I haven't even shot it yet! :cry:

heresolong

imported post

cdjspider wrote:
Also on a side note I feel like complaining on how hard .380 ammo is to find, I haven't even shot it yet! :cry:
I had no trouble finding it, but I had lots of trouble paying for it. Most brands are close to $30 for a box. Needless to say, at those prices I won't be taking it to the range often. I bought one box of Blazer to test fire it and one box of Hydrashok to carry in it.

uncoolperson

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Off to the mall. Nope. Didn't do it. They have a posted "No Firearms" policy. Since I had no way to conceal, I left it in the truck and ran in to do my errands.

(assuming you're talking about bellis fair)

Do you remember exactly what the sign says?

I mean, they do sell firearms there.

heresolong

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
heresolong wrote:

(assuming you're talking about bellis fair)

Do you remember exactly what the sign says?

I mean, they do sell firearms there.
I don't remember, but it has been talked about in previous threads I think. I'll snap a pic next time I go in. They only sell firearms (long guns) at the Big 5. Wouldn't that be cool if someone opened a gun store at the mall? :)