• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I tested the new liquor law today

protector84

imported post

For those who don't know, the Rainbow Festival is a GLBT Pride type of street fair. In the past, any type of park festival or street fair usually had been posted "No Weapons" in my experience since the venue served alcohol for on-premise consumption. This was also the same reason for instance why you could not take a firearm to a Diamondbacks game--they serve alcohol. Anyway, this event was not posted with the new "No Firearms Allowed" signs, so I carried concealed in the event and did not purchase alcohol.

I get the impression that the bulk of this crowd defines themselves as "liberals" and is not necessarily interested in firearms or 2nd Amendment advocacy. I may have been wrong. There were two tables of interest--one speaking out against hate crimes and another which was a gun club. It did not take long for themto start connecting the dots. The gun club is called "Pink Pistols" which is basically gay/lesbian/bi/trans (GLBT) people who go to shooting events. Just like a women's group for instance, they hold gun safety and training classes, encourage people to obtain CCW permits, and hold shooting events at ranges, and some are hunters. I don't remember what the other group was called but basically they hold candlelight vigils and public forums to speak out against hate crimes against minorities.

I have always noticed how the people who often need the guns the most don't carry and the ones least likely to need them carry them. For instance, I don't see near as many women at the OC dinners as I do menyet women are generally seen as more vulnerable by American culture (i.e. I don't see very many women walking around alone late at night). Long story short, I started talking guns and self-defense with some people and it just so happened that some members of the Pink Pistols group started talking to the hate crimes group. I was quite surprised to see that just about everyone soon understood how to stop a hate crime--not with a piece of Obama legislation, but with a piece of steel. The next candlelight vigil they hold just may include quite a few people wearing guns and this is precisely what I encouraged and I did not get any opposition to it.

The OC dinners have been a great success. Sometimes such events, however, end up basically where everyone is simply preaching to the choir. I think it is a great success to encourage all types of law abiding citizens to utilize their 2nd Amendment rights to own and carry firearms. Liberals tend to want to coddle minorities. Instead of coddling minorities with government programs and feel-good messages, I'd rather empower them with nothing more than a full understanding of the U.S. Constitution and our Founding Fathers' views on newly American freedom. I will always encourage diverse groups of people to make full use of their 2nd Amendment rights.

brokenbarrel

imported post

protector84 wrote:
For those who don't know, the Rainbow Festival is a GLBT Pride type of street fair. In the past, any type of park festival or street fair usually had been posted "No Weapons" in my experience since the venue served alcohol for on-premise consumption. This was also the same reason for instance why you could not take a firearm to a Diamondbacks game--they serve alcohol. Anyway, this event was not posted with the new "No Firearms Allowed" signs, so I carried concealed in the event and did not purchase alcohol.

I get the impression that the bulk of this crowd defines themselves as "liberals" and is not necessarily interested in firearms or 2nd Amendment advocacy. I may have been wrong. There were two tables of interest--one speaking out against hate crimes and another which was a gun club. It did not take long for themto start connecting the dots. The gun club is called "Pink Pistols" which is basically gay/lesbian/bi/trans (GLBT) people who go to shooting events. Just like a women's group for instance, they hold gun safety and training classes, encourage people to obtain CCW permits, and hold shooting events at ranges, and some are hunters. I don't remember what the other group was called but basically they hold candlelight vigils and public forums to speak out against hate crimes against minorities.

I have always noticed how the people who often need the guns the most don't carry and the ones least likely to need them carry them. For instance, I don't see near as many women at the OC dinners as I do menyet women are generally seen as more vulnerable by American culture (i.e. I don't see very many women walking around alone late at night). Long story short, I started talking guns and self-defense with some people and it just so happened that some members of the Pink Pistols group started talking to the hate crimes group. I was quite surprised to see that just about everyone soon understood how to stop a hate crime--not with a piece of Obama legislation, but with a piece of steel. The next candlelight vigil they hold just may include quite a few people wearing guns and this is precisely what I encouraged and I did not get any opposition to it.

The OC dinners have been a great success. Sometimes such events, however, end up basically where everyone is simply preaching to the choir. I think it is a great success to encourage all types of law abiding citizens to utilize their 2nd Amendment rights to own and carry firearms. Liberals tend to want to coddle minorities. Instead of coddling minorities with government programs and feel-good messages, I'd rather empower them with nothing more than a full understanding of the U.S. Constitution and our Founding Fathers' views on newly American freedom. I will always encourage diverse groups of people to make full use of their 2nd Amendment rights.
+1 on empowering americans with knowledge, also i've heard people hold the pink pistols in high regard for they empower people with knowledge as well...