• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Sale: Guns going up for sale to pay the vet bills.

triehl27

imported post

Well the dog is a sick puppy. Gotta raise a bit a money. Don't know where to bill will end.

So what we have:

Romanian WASR 10 Hi Cap AK47.
Folding stock, forward grip, Russian POSP 4X scope, Second set of Cabernet Stained wood furniture rear fixed stock and lower handguard. 1 - 30rnd Mag, 1- 10 rnd mag. $800

Glock 29 - 10mm OD frame. Glock is new never had a round down the barrel. $500

Polish P-64 9X18 round hammer, 1969 Great CCW, 2 mags, 2 holsters, $200

Beretta Tomcat, matte blue .32 acp. 2 extra sets of grips $250.

Lastly 5:11 50" soft side Rifle case , with Molle attachment points and large exterior pocket with MOLLE inside. Comes with Molle AR15 dual mag holder. $100obo Brand new still in sealed box

I can be reached with questions at triehl27 "AT" yahoo "d o t" com or 2*0*6* - *2*3*5 -6* 6*2*0*

Buyer MUST have Valid Driver's licence and CPL.

Burien Area

Faceplant

imported post

I wanted to thank you for the great rifles you sold me the other day. I am impressed with the condition of them.

[align=center]I don't care what anyone says you can check my ID and CPL anytime you sell me a firearm.[/align]
I am going to try to and go shooting this Sunday somewhere in the Granite Falls area with the .30-06. I have not picked up any ammo for the SKS yet but am really looking forward to shooting that one.

Do you still have the owners manual for the scope on the .30-06? If so, could you call me and I will give you my address so you can send it to me? Just me being me and wanting all of the information I can get my hands on.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Faceplant wrote:
I wanted to thank you for the great rifles you sold me the other day. I am impressed with the condition of them.

[align=center]I don't care what anyone says you can check my ID and CPL anytime you sell me a firearm.
[/align]
I think most gun people understand, and accept, that some sellers will require something like that.

Some of the die-hards,though.....woooooooeeeeee, they get all frazzled about that. Though, they seldompass up a gooddeal on principle....

A little bit of gun control, such as a private seller requiring DL/CPL is a good thing, IMO.

I hope youchecked the seller's ID/CPL, too, Faceplant. :)

I wish I were in Washington. That's a pretty good price on a newG29.

triehl27

imported post

Yep Inventory is up to date, pics just won't load on this thread for me. Gonna try again tomorrow, but I have photos of everything.

Right now all that is gone is the Rem 700, and the SKS.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Faceplant wrote:
HankT wrote:
I hope youchecked the seller's ID/CPL, too, Faceplant. :)
I sure did. As a matter of fact he had it preprinted from a pdf file that he found online that you can type into the page.

I'm sure that the vast majority of folks here at OCDO are A-OK to buy from or sell to. Still, it's prudent to insert a reasonable caution in gun transactions.

Trust, but verify, kind of....

44Brent

imported post

It wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that someone like Mayor Bloomberg to scout this type of forum for private sales, and then send in a crook to make a purchase. They have done similar things in the past.

EtdBob

imported post

Yer tryin' to sell 1,850 bucks worth 'o guns n' stuff fer a DOG!?!?

Dude, let me give you a hint -

Keep the guns and shoot the dog! :lol:

compmanio365

imported post

EtdBob wrote:

That's cold, chief. Real cold. Would you spend $1,850 on a family member? I know I would. If it's between your buddy and the guns, the guns gotta go. Keep something for self defense purposes but let the rest be sold if you gotta.

Thundar

imported post

EtdBob wrote:

Damn itBob, you are part of the problem right there.

See my wife is afraid of guns. I have gotten here used to my having guns in the last two years.

I have even got her to understand the evil ways of the BATFE. (See honey, the first thing they do is shoot your dogs) She is a big dog lover and that got her to wear a Boot the BATFE button.

But now when she sees your post, she is going to say something like - Are all you gun lovers Michael Vick clones?

Commodore76

imported post

Thundar wrote:
EtdBob wrote:

Damn itBob, you are part of the problem right there.

See my wife is afraid of guns. I have gotten here used to my having guns in the last two years.

I have even got her to understand the evil ways of the BATFE. (See honey, the first thing they do is shoot your dogs) She is a big dog lover and that got her to wear a Boot the BATFE button.

But now when she sees your post, she is going to say something like - Are all you gun lovers Michael Vick clones?

She can read the two posts below that and see that we are not NFL Quarterbacks.

I'm quite certain that Bob was being funny in his way. I have a pretty odd sense of humor at times. I would hope that people don't judge me or a group I associate with by my lone sense of humor.

If she needs you to put it another light, point out all the good groups of people out there who have bad apples and have shed a bad light on the group. (Elected Officials, certain churches, LEO's, the Military... All groups have their"different" folks)

Not saying that Bob is a badapple by any means. Just saying that it is harsh to judge a group by a post. My glass house is FAR from perfect so I'll not be casting the first stone, let's put it that way.

Respectfully,

Commodore

EtdBob

imported post

Aww heck, I sure didn't mean to stir up any trouble!

Now, I actually don't care for dogs, but that isn't why I posted what I did. Of course I'd sell everything I own to take care of a family member, but an animal? Nah.

Don't get me wrong. I like animals. I raise pure blood Alpine dairy goats for meat and milk, and I sell a few. I love the little critters.

- My wife out with the goats in the winter -

P1040022.jpg

My wife and Ihave owned a few horses, and have recently raised and trained two. This has been a long ( and painful, I'm getting a little old to be thrown :p...) process, but now we have two fine animals.

- Me on Shadizar -

P1010430.jpg

- Our little Paint when she was a baby -

P1130095.jpg

We also raise rabbits for meat and fir, and sometimes I do a little hunting. So we raise and butcher allour own meat, except for a little bacon now and again...

- Me and our best doe rabbit -

P1040062.jpg

So don't get me wrong, I love animals and have a pile of them.

But what I don't have is a pile of money. Or a vet who makes house calls. For that matter, in the winter, we often get snowed in and the only way to get to our homestead is on snow shoes. It's only half a mile to a logging road that is usually open, but vets don't like to walk much.

Heh, last spring I had to travel to N.Y., because my mother passed away. My wife stayed home and ran the homestead herself. While I was gone, one of our goats had a breach baby. :shock:My wife tried to summon a vet, but when my wife was giving him directions and got to the" And you park your truck thereand hike up the next half mile. The snowshoe track is good and packed so it should be OK..." The vet said No Way!:( My wife had to throw the doe herself, and while laying on top of the struggling, exhausted and desperate animal, reach up insideto her elbow to straiten out the kid. When I got home, boy was my wife mad at me! All the "interesting" stuff seems to happen while I'm away...:lol: That time, everything worked out well.

But it doesn't always. Had a nice doe bloat on me last fall. One of our best girls. It was all of a sudden, and we didn't catch her till she was down. Never did figure out why. I grabbed a sheath knife and triedto let the gas out of the rumen, but she was to far gone. The doe was a goner and in a very great deal of pain. All I could do was draw my sidearm and put and end to her suffering. Then my wife and I worked late into the night by lantern light butchering the animal. Letting her go to waste would be a crime.

'Fall before that I had to put a horse down. Poor feller had cancer. Huge tumors throughout his body. He couldn't keep any weight on at all, and likely would have starved / frozen to death that winter. A rich feller might have called in the vet and put the beast through chemo or some silly thing.The animal would have suffered longer, not understanding any of what was going on, and died in the end anyway.
A dishonest fellow would have tried to sell the horse.
I had to borrow a backhoe, dig a hole, and we said ourgoodbyes to him.

So, maybe I am to used to shooting animals. But, if you own livestock, it's not an uncommon thing to have to do. Especially if you don't have allot of coin to blow,live in a somewhat hardto get to place, and practice a self-sufficient life style.

I was not really offering criticism of your decision to sell your firearms for your dogs medical care. If anything I was poking a bit of mild fun. Heck, it's your stuff, and you can certainly do with it as you wish!

ButI do have
a different perspective of the situation.

We happen to have a friend who has this dog. This poor old beast got hit by a car and was injured quite badly. Rather than let go and put it out of it's misery, she took it to the vet and spent far more money than she can afford. The dog lost one of it's hind legs, and suffered from other problems as well. Now, the dog is dying anyway.As of last week this lady was hand feeding this dog as it lay suffering, all but unable to move.
Sheesh! When is enough? Especially given that an animal doesn't understand what is happening to it? Even with people I believe that beyond a certain point "enough is enough", at least for me. I know I'd prefer to die with a little dignityand don't ever want to be a vegetable. If I cannot care for myself well heck, I'll shoot for the next incarnation!

Sometimes it's best if you learn to let go, to keep a proper perspective of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Who is Michael Vick?

Commodore76

imported post

EtdBob wrote:
Aww heck, I sure didn't mean to stir up any trouble!

Now, I actually don't care for dogs, but that isn't why I posted what I did. Of course I'd sell everything I own to take care of a family member, but an animal? Nah.

Don't get me wrong. I like animals. I raise pure blood Alpine dairy goats for meat and milk, and I sell a few. I love the little critters.

- My wife out with the goats in the winter -

P1040022.jpg

My wife and Ihave owned a few horses, and have recently raised and trained two. This has been a long ( and painful, I'm getting a little old to be thrown :p...) process, but now we have two fine animals.

- Me on Shadizar -

P1010430.jpg

- Our little Paint when she was a baby -

P1130095.jpg

We also raise rabbits for meat and fir, and sometimes I do a little hunting. So we raise and butcher allour own meat, except for a little bacon now and again...

- Me and our best doe rabbit -

P1040062.jpg

So don't get me wrong, I love animals and have a pile of them.

But what I don't have is a pile of money. Or a vet who makes house calls. For that matter, in the winter, we often get snowed in and the only way to get to our homestead is on snow shoes. It's only half a mile to a logging road that is usually open, but vets don't like to walk much.

Heh, last spring I had to travel to N.Y., because my mother passed away. My wife stayed home and ran the homestead herself. While I was gone, one of our goats had a breach baby. :shock:My wife tried to summon a vet, but when my wife was giving him directions and got to the" And you park your truck thereand hike up the next half mile. The snowshoe track is good and packed so it should be OK..." The vet said No Way!:( My wife had to throw the doe herself, and while laying on top of the struggling, exhausted and desperate animal, reach up insideto her elbow to straiten out the kid. When I got home, boy was my wife mad at me! All the "interesting" stuff seems to happen while I'm away...:lol: That time, everything worked out well.

But it doesn't always. Had a nice doe bloat on me last fall. One of our best girls. It was all of a sudden, and we didn't catch her till she was down. Never did figure out why. I grabbed a sheath knife and triedto let the gas out of the rumen, but she was to far gone. The doe was a goner and in a very great deal of pain. All I could do was draw my sidearm and put and end to her suffering. Then my wife and I worked late into the night by lantern light butchering the animal. Letting her go to waste would be a crime.

'Fall before that I had to put a horse down. Poor feller had cancer. Huge tumors throughout his body. He couldn't keep any weight on at all, and likely would have starved / frozen to death that winter. A rich feller might have called in the vet and put the beast through chemo or some silly thing.The animal would have suffered longer, not understanding any of what was going on, and died in the end anyway.
A dishonest fellow would have tried to sell the horse.
I had to borrow a backhoe, dig a hole, and we said ourgoodbyes to him.

So, maybe I am to used to shooting animals. But, if you own livestock, it's not an uncommon thing to have to do. Especially if you don't have allot of coin to blow,live in a somewhat hardto get to place, and practice a self-sufficient life style.

I was not really offering criticism of your decision to sell your firearms for your dogs medical care. If anything I was poking a bit of mild fun. Heck, it's your stuff, and you can certainly do with it as you wish!

ButI do have
a different perspective of the situation.

We happen to have a friend who has this dog. This poor old beast got hit by a car and was injured quite badly. Rather than let go and put it out of it's misery, she took it to the vet and spent far more money than she can afford. The dog lost one of it's hind legs, and suffered from other problems as well. Now, the dog is dying anyway.As of last week this lady was hand feeding this dog as it lay suffering, all but unable to move.
Sheesh! When is enough? Especially given that an animal doesn't understand what is happening to it? Even with people I believe that beyond a certain point "enough is enough", at least for me. I know I'd prefer to die with a little dignityand don't ever want to be a vegetable. If I cannot care for myself well heck, I'll shoot for the next incarnation!

Sometimes it's best if you learn to let go, to keep a proper perspective of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Who is Michael Vick?
Vick was nominated as PETA's Man of the Year for 2008. Ok, not really.

EtdBob

imported post

Wow. Ok, I'll give it a shot.

In the back row from the left we got Scooby doo, then Goofy, hmm, don't know the next two.
Next row, that's Snoopy, ah, don't know the next feller, then comes Grimmyand is thatRen Höek on the end?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

EtdBob wrote:
Wow. Ok, I'll give it a shot.

In  the back row from the left we got Scooby doo, then Goofy, hmm, don't know the next two.
Next row, that's Snoopy, ah, don't know the next feller, then comes Grimmy and is that Ren Höek on the end?

underdog, droopy, elroy, is who you're missing