Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seemingly Accidental Discharge

Post imported post

Now, how the heck did this happen?

http://www.wesh.com/news/21193196/detail.html

Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

smells a little fishy to me!

Post imported post

hmmm... he must not have had a very good grip on it...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Greggy_D wrote:
    Can we please stop calling this an AD? This was a ND all the way.

Post imported post

A couple more articles about this that provide additional detail:

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...Range-Accident

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...people/1041591

I guess the ANTI'S were right: gun attacked all on it's own, spinning and spitting bullets with precise accuracy!

/sarc off
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I have no evidence, but it's my guess that he had a finger in the trigger guard and it simply bump fired.

When handed a handgun, 99% of gun "newbies" will grip it with their finger on the trigger, just like in the movies and movie posters.

Post imported post

Yep that was my guess too!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

owch that pic is horrible. Safty is off an finger on the trigger.

Post imported post

The posters over at FiringLine Forum have some guesses as well.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=378874

To me, the person who put the gun down with a magazine in and a round chambered is to blame, let alone that the gun was not facing downrange. Even if this GUN is a POS and can slam/bump fire easily, the person was negligent in his handling of the firearm.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Yup... looks like danny lost his shoulder... i guess we will not be having lethal weapon 12 coming out this spring....

**sarcastically saying** "Flynn was visiting from Ireland and staying at Bonville Drive in Davenport." What was MR Flynn doing in the US? recruiting for the IRA? does he have a green card? was he in the US legally? **sarcastically saying**

in the article named "9mm malfunctions at Lakeland gun range, shoots three people", the reporter said that the Thourot's son brought them a firearm from Iraq during one of his tours... I would like to know if he brought this firearm into the US legally?

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    To me, the person who put the gun down with a magazine in and a round chambered is to blame, let alone that the gun was not facing downrange. Even if this GUN is a POS and can slam/bump fire easily, the person was negligent in his handling of the firearm.
    Agreed, even if the gun went off on its own I would still call this a ND. He broke two pretty big rules.

Post imported post

Greggy_D wrote:
    PDinDetroit wrote:
    Agreed, even if the gun went off on its own I would still call this a ND. He broke two pretty big rules.
    +1

Post imported post

You think that it is bad in a movie or on tv, check out the latest Michigan DNR Hunting Guide cover! The woman in the photo has her finger on the trigger, just like they do it on tv!

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    That whole series of movies was terrible. The incredible stupidity and blatant ignorance displayed in those films is so far gone that it isn't even really worth going over.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
    You think that it is bad in a movie or on tv, check out the latest Michigan DNR Hunting Guide cover! The woman in the photo has her finger on the trigger, just like they do it on tv!
    hey she may just have a deformed finger...

Post imported post

Yikes!!! lol

Post imported post

Post imported post

The way that the kid is holding his shotgun ain't too bright either!

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    A couple more articles about this that provide additional detail:

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...Range-Accident

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...people/1041591

I guess the ANTI'S were right: gun attacked all on it's own, spinning and spitting bullets with precise accuracy!

/sarc off
    I am utterly amazed that an inanimate object suddenly animated itself and began firing with such incredible accuracy. I would guess that the gun just got tired of being used or being embarrassed at their shooting that it had to show them how to shoot accurately. Either that or the gun was possessed.

Either way, I would love to see the video of this if it exists.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Good thing this didn't happen in Wisconsin, the sherriff would have called the BATFE, and they would have arrested, charged, and found the guy guilty of transferring a machine-gun! But only after having it BATFE posession for months, trading out parts, and using ammunition with the softest primers they could find.

Ithappened to David Olofsonafter he leta persontake his AR-15 to the range and they experienced a slamfire multi-round sequencethat ended with a jam.

Post imported post

The story said this was a Jennings 9mm. My first handgun I ever owned was a Jennings. I was pretty young and didn't have much money so I bought it cause I wanted to have something for self defense in the home. What a complete piece of crap. It would stove pipe constantly and after returning it to the factory twice and it still doing the same thing I demanded my money back. I'm not surprisedthey had trouble with theirs.But I learned my lesson. Ya get what ya pay for when it comes to handguns.

Post imported post

the moment i heard it was a jennings i was no longer surprised.

Post imported post

Okay back round. When I was 18 I lived in Wesley Chapel, FL. I lived with my friend and his family, he was 17. We worked together doing contract work in Lakeland, FL. When we had some down time we decided to go to the range we had driven past earlier. We rented around a dozen firearms. They never once asked for an ID (didn't know you had to be 21 to rent pistol/revolver until I moved back to Michigan), or if we had ever fired a firearm before. I had shot serial times, but my friend had never shot. They never went over any safety guidelines with us.

They even let us rent two Walther PPK's and hold one in each hand and shoot them both down the lane at the same time while the other took pictures.

Wish I still had those pictures, safest "Gun Range" ever!!!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Jonny008 wrote:
    the moment i heard it was a jennings i was no longer surprised.
    I'm not surprised either. The dealer who I used to buy from wouldn't order one. He said under no circumstances would he order one.

But still. If the gun was pointed in a safe direction, nobody would have gotten hurt.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Just another reason I wear my threat level IIIa vest when I go to the range. I get some strange looks sometimes, but after some of the insane things I have had happen it just isn't worth taking the chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast