Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Ceasars

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Last week Yew st. Little Ceasars, was ordering that jalepeno crazy bread, and there was a 10 min. wait for it to be cooked. A lady walked in with her two young children, maybe 8 and 10 boy and girl. I heard them talking and thought I heard something about my gun so I looked over and the mother stated that her kids were wondering why I was carrying a gun and if I was a detective or something. Wearing shorts and a white t-shirt, so glock really stands out.

I explained that no I was just a regular guy standing up for whats left of our rights in what little way I can. The funny thing is we don't like to be stereotyped, but I am guilty of stereotyping that she would be anti and was pleasantly surprised that if she didn't seem that way in our conversation but had an open minded, and let her kids ask me all kinds of questions wich I answered to the best of my abilities.

At one point the younger boy said he didn't think I was a bad guy because he didn't think a bad guy would carry the gun like I would. We started talking about bad guys and how they don't like good guys carrying guns and that they hide what they are doing because they are bad. While talking about this a man sitting with his "wife" kept giving me dirty looks, he then got up got more soda giving me side looks the whole time, I noticed he had an ankle bracelet on the type the local sherrif uses to keep track of "bad men". He then left glaring at me but keeping his distance.

It made me feel good that in this very liberal and hippy town, there are parents who are open minded enough to let their children learn about our rights and why someone would carry. At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I love these kinds of stories, thanks for sharing. It's always nice to know we can make a difference in the world no matter how small.

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.
    That is cool right there. Wish they had stuff like that locally.

Post imported post

Always good to hear that some people in Bleatingham arent retarded. Funny with the ankle bracelet guy though. :P

Banned

Post imported post

those 5 dollar pizzas are awesome and the garlic butter mmmmmmmmm

Post imported post

+1 to all above, I love hearing these stories, and definitely wish there were more places that supported family firearms fun. Its a good way for all to learn safety, get hands on instruction, and plain ol American fun.

TY Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    I love these kinds of stories, thanks for sharing. It's always nice to know we can make a difference in the world no matter how small.
    +1

Apparently Mr Ankle Bracelet needs a refresher course in 'good manners'.

Post imported post

Nice story thanks for sharing

Post imported post

At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.
    Just be aware that the "Range Master" at Plantation doesn't like OC. I was there shooting my Hi-Power Rifle and he advised me that the range "was a Cold Range". No Open Carried Pistols unless they were unloaded and the actions locked open".

When I called "********" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

After advising him that OC was perfetly Legal he stated "That's OK, this is Whatcom County Parks and we can have any rules we want". I suggested that he read the AG's opinion regarding the use of "Rules" to circumvent "Preemption.

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.
    Just be aware that the "Range Master" at Plantation doesn't like OC. I was there shooting my Hi-Power Rifle and he advised me that the range "was a Cold Range". No Open Carried Pistols unless they were unloaded and the actions locked open".

When I called "Bull@#$%" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

After advising him that OC was perfetly Legal he stated "That's OK, this is Whatcom County Parks and we can have any rules we want". I suggested that he read the AG's opinion regarding the use of "Rules" to circumvent "Preemption.

Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at www.bradycampaign.org.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at http://www.bradycampaign.org.

Post imported post

Yea I walked away smiling like I did my good deed, ankle bracelet guy doesn't like informed public I thinks. The kids asked all kind of questions a lot doing with bad guys and guns vs. good guys with guns. He can pout all he wants he chose his actions. LOL. Yea I saw those signs at plantation and still open carry, they never have said a thing to me. I usually just go shoot in the woods but now that its getting colder.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't know that I would have thought of it at the time, but I'll bet there is a probation officer somewhere who might appreciate hearing that report.

Mr. Ankle-bracelet can't be too rehabilitated if he is giving dirty looks to good guys wearing guns.

I think if I ever get the same, I'll try to get Mr. Ankle-bracelet's license plate number.

Besides, he might be a Brady Buncher on probation for something.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

wow, good to hear that. usually all I get from mothers are dirty looks

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    amlevin wrote:

When I called "Bull@#$%" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at http://www.bradycampaign.org.
    FunkTrooper,

I'm finally able to type. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today!

Respectfully,

Commodore

Post imported post

Yeah, bad guys don't like guns... especially when they're aimed at them.

Buddy got robbed, called the police then me. I showed up before the police (surprise,) and cleared the house. Police filed a report then left, and I hung out just for the heck of it... of course I had my .45 on me.

Sure enough, about an hour later I hear some jimmying at the back door, so I walk real slow with my pistol drawn, wait at the door. Kid jimmies the door, and opens it to the barrel of a .45. He was gone before you could say "GET OUT!" Hahahaha.

And the house has never been messed with since. Imagine that. I also encouraged my friend to get a gun first instead of a new Xbox360. He thinks that's a good idea.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    Yeah, bad guys don't like guns... especially when they're aimed at them.

Buddy got robbed, called the police then me. I showed up before the police (surprise,) and cleared the house. Police filed a report then left, and I hung out just for the heck of it... of course I had my .45 on me.

Sure enough, about an hour later I hear some jimmying at the back door, so I walk real slow with my pistol drawn, wait at the door. Kid jimmies the door, and opens it to the barrel of a .45. He was gone before you could say "GET OUT!" Hahahaha.

And the house has never been messed with since. Imagine that. I also encouraged my friend to get a gun first instead of a new Xbox360. He thinks that's a good idea.
    Awwww! Why didn't you let him come inside all the way? Blade at 45 degrees and mag dump. I kid.

Pretty stupid of the kid to come back.

Post imported post

noname762 wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:
    +1

Apparently Mr Ankle Bracelet needs a refresher course in 'good manners'.
    Well I've been gone a really long time (cuz I have a weird computer and no skills to remove the weirdness).

I commend all of you who go out as 'open carriers'. I choose not to open carry for my own reasons. Tho I usually CC. I do not do well with most libtards or cops in general. I prefer to fly under the radar. . .

Post imported post

Everytime I go to plantation I oc, and they've never told me anything...hmmm

69Charger

Post imported post

Right on SVG.
    Dave

Post imported post

wtg SVG. One of the best stories I've read yet.

Post imported post

I still don't see yours posted. LOL.....

Post imported post

I know. I didn't really want to post a non event that I can't find any info on. I tried to find a report or story on it so I could back it up.

Post imported post

I don't think its a non eent and noone here has reason to doub it. It proves to me why its good to open carry.

Post imported post

Great OC story, I love to hear ones like this. Also, reiterating that I wish we had more family ranges around here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast