• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Little Ceasars

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Last week Yew st. Little Ceasars, was ordering that jalepeno crazy bread, and there was a 10 min. wait for it to be cooked. A lady walked in with her two young children, maybe 8 and 10 boy and girl. I heard them talking and thought I heard something about my gun so I looked over and the mother stated that her kids were wondering why I was carrying a gun and if I was a detective or something. Wearing shorts and a white t-shirt, so glock really stands out.

I explained that no I was just a regular guy standing up for whats left of our rights in what little way I can. The funny thing is we don't like to be stereotyped, but I am guilty of stereotyping that she would be anti and was pleasantly surprised that if she didn't seem that way in our conversation but had an open minded, and let her kids ask me all kinds of questions wich I answered to the best of my abilities.

At one point the younger boy said he didn't think I was a bad guy because he didn't think a bad guy would carry the gun like I would. We started talking about bad guys and how they don't like good guys carrying guns and that they hide what they are doing because they are bad. While talking about this a man sitting with his "wife" kept giving me dirty looks, he then got up got more soda giving me side looks the whole time, I noticed he had an ankle bracelet on the type the local sherrif uses to keep track of "bad men". He then left glaring at me but keeping his distance.

It made me feel good that in this very liberal and hippy town, there are parents who are open minded enough to let their children learn about our rights and why someone would carry. At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.

David.Car

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.
That is cool right there. Wish they had stuff like that locally.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

those 5 dollar pizzas are awesome and the garlic butter mmmmmmmmm

Batousaii

imported post

+1 to all above, I love hearing these stories, and definitely wish there were more places that supported family firearms fun. Its a good way for all to learn safety, get hands on instruction, and plain ol American fun.

TY :cool:Bat

noname762

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I love these kinds of stories, thanks for sharing. It's always nice to know we can make a difference in the world no matter how small.

+1

Apparently Mr Ankle Bracelet needs a refresher course in 'good manners'.

amlevin

imported post

At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.

Just be aware that the "Range Master" at Plantation doesn't like OC. I was there shooting my Hi-Power Rifle and he advised me that the range "was a Cold Range". No Open Carried Pistols unless they were unloaded and the actions locked open".

When I called "Bullshit" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

After advising him that OC was perfetly Legal he stated "That's OK, this is Whatcom County Parks and we can have any rules we want". I suggested that he read the AG's opinion regarding the use of "Rules" to circumvent "Preemption.

FunkTrooper

imported post

amlevin wrote:
At the end of the conversation, she said she would consider taking her kids to plantation range on a Tuesday night, wich is family night for 20 dollars they provide a .22 rifle, box of ammo and targets for a family to practice with.

Just be aware that the "Range Master" at Plantation doesn't like OC. I was there shooting my Hi-Power Rifle and he advised me that the range "was a Cold Range". No Open Carried Pistols unless they were unloaded and the actions locked open".

When I called "Bull@#$%" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

After advising him that OC was perfetly Legal he stated "That's OK, this is Whatcom County Parks and we can have any rules we want". I suggested that he read the AG's opinion regarding the use of "Rules" to circumvent "Preemption.
Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at www.bradycampaign.org.

David.Car

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at http://www.bradycampaign.org.
ohoq9.jpg

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yea I walked away smiling like I did my good deed, ankle bracelet guy doesn't like informed public I thinks. The kids asked all kind of questions a lot doing with bad guys and guns vs. good guys with guns. He can pout all he wants he chose his actions. LOL. Yea I saw those signs at plantation and still open carry, they never have said a thing to me. I usually just go shoot in the woods but now that its getting colder.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't know that I would have thought of it at the time, but I'll bet there is a probation officer somewhere who might appreciate hearing that report.

Mr. Ankle-bracelet can't be too rehabilitated if he is giving dirty looks to good guys wearing guns.

I think if I ever get the same, I'll try to get Mr. Ankle-bracelet's license plate number.

Besides, he might be a Brady Buncher on probation for something. :D

n16ht5

imported post

wow, good to hear that. usually all I get from mothers are dirty looks

Commodore76

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
amlevin wrote:

When I called "Bull@#$%" on him he then said that it would be perfectly OK if I just covered it up. I wouldn't have to unload then. It was a "Safety Issue". Let's see, a loadedgun in a holster is safer if it has a shirt covering it??????

Your joking right? Scientists have proven that guns are 90% safer when not visible to the naked eye, guns that aren't covered are constantly vying for attention and have been known to unholster themselves and attack their owners. Learn the facts at http://www.bradycampaign.org.

FunkTrooper,

I'm finally able to type. Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today!

Respectfully,

Commodore

killchain

imported post

Yeah, bad guys don't like guns... especially when they're aimed at them.

Buddy got robbed, called the police then me. I showed up before the police (surprise,) and cleared the house. Police filed a report then left, and I hung out just for the heck of it... of course I had my .45 on me.

Sure enough, about an hour later I hear some jimmying at the back door, so I walk real slow with my pistol drawn, wait at the door. Kid jimmies the door, and opens it to the barrel of a .45. He was gone before you could say "GET OUT!" Hahahaha.

And the house has never been messed with since. Imagine that. I also encouraged my friend to get a gun first instead of a new Xbox360. He thinks that's a good idea.

David.Car

imported post

killchain wrote:
Yeah, bad guys don't like guns... especially when they're aimed at them.

Buddy got robbed, called the police then me. I showed up before the police (surprise,) and cleared the house. Police filed a report then left, and I hung out just for the heck of it... of course I had my .45 on me.

Sure enough, about an hour later I hear some jimmying at the back door, so I walk real slow with my pistol drawn, wait at the door. Kid jimmies the door, and opens it to the barrel of a .45. He was gone before you could say "GET OUT!" Hahahaha.

And the house has never been messed with since. Imagine that. I also encouraged my friend to get a gun first instead of a new Xbox360. He thinks that's a good idea.

Awwww! Why didn't you let him come inside all the way? Blade at 45 degrees and mag dump. :DI kid.

Pretty stupid of the kid to come back.

noname762

imported post

noname762 wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:
I love these kinds of stories, thanks for sharing. It's always nice to know we can make a difference in the world no matter how small.

+1

Apparently Mr Ankle Bracelet needs a refresher course in 'good manners'.
Well I've been gone a really long time (cuz I have a weird computer and no skills to remove the weirdness).

I commend all of you who go out as 'open carriers'. I choose not to open carry for my own reasons. Tho I usually CC. I do not do well with most libtards or cops in general. I prefer to fly under the radar. . .