• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Constution

Hillmann

imported post

What was the point of adding the last two amendments to the Wisconsin Constitution (The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose)?

To me it doesn't seem to have done much for us we still can't freely carry in the places where a gun would be most likely to be needed for defense you(entering & exiting a car, and school zones). What was the reason for creating the amendment if they didn't bother to go back and get rid of the gun laws that were already on the books that prevent us from being able to carry in a commonsense way(unloading every time when entering a vehicle).

I can understand the federal Constitution being ignored because the wonderful an wise people in DC don't like it and figure since it it 200 years old it it no longer relevant and they are taking away fro it slowly, hoping we don't notice. But the Wisconsin amendment was just added because enough people thought it was needed yet they didn't finish the job. Was preemption passed along with the article 25 or was that completely separate?

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
What was the point of adding the last two amendments to the Wisconsin Constitution (The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose)?

To me it doesn't seem to have done much for us we still can't freely carry in the places where a gun would be most likely to be needed for defense you(entering & exiting a car, and school zones). What was the reason for creating the amendment if they didn't bother to go back and get rid of the gun laws that were already on the books that prevent us from being able to carry in a commonsense way(unloading every time when entering a vehicle).
Although the job apparently was not finished, at least there is basis for a lawsuit to be filed against these laws which appear to be in conflict with this Constitutional Amendment..