View Poll Results: What day works better?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sunday, November 1st

2 33.33%
  • Saturday, November 7th

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The great pumpkin shoot

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hey everyone,

Lots of stuff going on but I just wanted to put out a reminder that in a few weeks there will be many derelict pumpkins running around. Being the good citizens that we are, it is our duty to round these gourds up and take them out to the firing line in Lapeer for a proper disposal.

I would like to do this the day after Halloween, but it is a Sunday. I suppose if there is enough complaining I would be willing to wait for the following Saturday, November 7th.

What say everyone?
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

new to this forum and to michigan OC, already loving it. i would love to attend and help rid the streets of any criminal gourds. hope to see you there.

Post imported post

where in lapeer? the pit?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

And to think all these years my friends and I thought we were the only ones that did this. Every year we gather every last pumpkin we can find (usually a truck load) and spread 'em out and have at it.

Post imported post

Lapeer... I'm by Kalamazoo, on the other side of the state. My mother in-law lives in Fenton, tho. Wondering, looks like Lapeer is roughly about 40 miles from Fenton? Guess what I'm asking is about how far from Fenton is the Pit?
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

woo hooo I gotta make sure I have enough ammo :P

Post imported post

i think it would be about a 40 minute drive from fenton

Post imported post

I am game. Either day works for me as of right now but I voted the 1st.

Also Downtown Fenton to my GPS fix of the pit says its 43.6 miles and an estimated drive time of 50 minutes.

Radioman

Post imported post

i can only do the 1st. i'm working on the other date.

Post imported post

Radioman wrote:
    Also Downtown Fenton to my GPS fix of the pit says its 43.6 miles and an estimated drive time of 50 minutes.

Radioman
    Thanks - see what happens. Sounds like it'd be a blast (so to speak) to check out.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

Just to let you folks know, the shoot in Lapeer on the 7th is being put together by a bunch of machinegun owners who will have a pretty impressive display of firepower on hand. I would expect 2 or 3 beltfeds (at a minimum) and a bunch of shoulder fired stuff.

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Lumpy wrote:
    Just to let you folks know, the shoot in Lapeer on the 7th is being put together by a bunch of machinegun owners who will have a pretty impressive display of firepower on hand. I would expect 2 or 3 beltfeds (at a minimum) and a bunch of shoulder fired stuff.
    Sweet! I guess this poll is over then; the 7th it is!
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

I've been wanting to do some wet pack ballistic tests. I'll do my best to come out.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Lumpy wrote:
    Awesome! Hell, knowing that, I'd be happy leaving my gunsat home and just bringing the camera!!

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

yay pumpkin murderment!

for added fun we can carve them into Billary jack-o-lanterns...

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

anybody planning to go out there today? I wouldn't mind shooting a few pumpkins. I am unable to make it on the other date.

Post imported post

Evil Creamsicle and I will be there in approximately 3 hours.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    Awesome! Hell, knowing that, I'd be happy leaving my gunsat home and just bringing the camera!!
    Post 'em on YouTube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBZl...eature=related

Post imported post

****! i thought this was gonna be next weekend. guess i wont be making it this year. gruff :-( too bad... i was gonna use my .50de to kill some pumpkins.

Post imported post

there were a lot of people there today. I did not run into anyone from moc. i spent a couple of hours at the pit. One guy brought a pumpkin, i asked him if he was an oc'er, but he wasn't.

that is a cool place. not too many free public shooting ranges around.

fired about 100 rounds of 9mm ammo. i believe it's pakistani military surplus made in 1984. it's HOT...feels like +p

also fired about 50 rounds through my mossberg 500 pistol. My hand is a little sore!

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    there were a lot of people there today. I did not run into anyone from moc. i spent a couple of hours at the pit. One guy brought a pumpkin, i asked him if he was an oc'er, but he wasn't.
    Evil Creamsicle and I were at the Pit itself from about noon to 12:40. After that, we left. It was too crazy. I have never seen that many people there, and someone was shooting at a disc brake from about 18 yards. (Ricochets are no joke)

We went down the road a ways to where about 5 other people were shooting in a clearing.

The good news was that we did some "wet pack" wet phone book tests. The lessons learned were that 10 mm HP ammo makes big holes. HP x39 makes bigger holes. FMJ .308 is relatively lacking on cavity size. But shotguns will pretty much blow anything to bits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast