• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The great pumpkin shoot

What day works better?

• Sunday, November 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday, November 7th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Hey everyone,

Lots of stuff going on but I just wanted to put out a reminder that in a few weeks there will be many derelict pumpkins running around. Being the good citizens that we are, it is our duty to round these gourds up and take them out to the firing line in Lapeer for a proper disposal.

I would like to do this the day after Halloween, but it is a Sunday. I suppose if there is enough complaining I would be willing to wait for the following Saturday, November 7th.

What say everyone?

manicdevery

imported post

new to this forum and to michigan OC, already loving it. i would love to attend and help rid the streets of any criminal gourds. hope to see you there.

sevenplusone

imported post

And to think all these years my friends and I thought we were the only ones that did this. Every year we gather every last pumpkin we can find (usually a truck load) and spread 'em out and have at it.

hopnpop

imported post

Lapeer... I'm by Kalamazoo, on the other side of the state. My mother in-law lives in Fenton, tho. Wondering, looks like Lapeer is roughly about 40 miles from Fenton? Guess what I'm asking is about how far from Fenton is the Pit?

Radioman

imported post

I am game. Either day works for me as of right now but I voted the 1st.

Also Downtown Fenton to my GPS fix of the pit says its 43.6 miles and an estimated drive time of 50 minutes.

Radioman

hopnpop

imported post

Radioman wrote:
Also Downtown Fenton to my GPS fix of the pit says its 43.6 miles and an estimated drive time of 50 minutes.

Radioman
Thanks - see what happens. Sounds like it'd be a blast (so to speak) to check out.

Lumpy

imported post

Just to let you folks know, the shoot in Lapeer on the 7th is being put together by a bunch of machinegun owners who will have a pretty impressive display of firepower on hand. I would expect 2 or 3 beltfeds (at a minimum) and a bunch of shoulder fired stuff.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Lumpy wrote:
Just to let you folks know, the shoot in Lapeer on the 7th is being put together by a bunch of machinegun owners who will have a pretty impressive display of firepower on hand. I would expect 2 or 3 beltfeds (at a minimum) and a bunch of shoulder fired stuff.
Sweet! I guess this poll is over then; the 7th it is!

hopnpop

imported post

Lumpy wrote:
yes2.gif
Awesome! Hell, knowing that, I'd be happy leaving my gunsat home and just bringing the camera!!
dance3.gif