Thread: Back to OC'ing for a week..

Post imported post

So I left for training on the 30th of Aug. We got lucky and are allowed a week of leave before we go to Iraq. I didnt realize how much I missed carrying my tool until yesterday when I got home and picked it up. At least they give me an M16 to carry for the next year. lol. Not that they are comfortable to carry at all. Although I think we should all exercise our rights Im glad that we all dont.During my training I found that alot of people shouldnt carry or evenown a gun.Muzzle control, sight target, shooting, common sense, you name it there was many people that just have no damn idea. I have corrected even the army instructors that its not a "clip" its a "magazine". I think they probably know thediff. but most of those that were there with us did not. So I think they were making it simple for them. I couldnt stand it. I had to say something everytime. I think by the end of the monthmost realized that there was a diff. andstarted coming around.There is alot more that went on but I just wanted tosay helloand let you guys know what has been up on my end.

Later guys.

Post imported post

Take care, thanks, and stay as safe as you can.

Post imported post

Be safe out there in the sandbox.

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Boondoc Saints

~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

My son just got back and he said peace has broken out all over Iraq. None the less keep your powder dry and yourhead down. Thank youfor your service to our country. Take care.

Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

thank you for serving.

Post imported post

wait... smile.. wait for flash? nice gun

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

Godspeed Brother, stay safe, give those bastards hell and come back home.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    Be safe out there in the sandbox.

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Boondoc Saints

Bat,

I knew I liked you.One ofmy favorite movies of all time.

Cheers,

Commodore

Post imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
    So I left for training on the 30th of Aug. We got lucky and are allowed a week of leave before we go to Iraq. I didnt realize how much I missed carrying my tool until yesterday when I got home and picked it up. At least they give me an M16 to carry for the next year. lol. Not that they are comfortable to carry at all. Although I think we should all exercise our rights Im glad that we all dont.During my training I found that alot of people shouldnt carry or evenown a gun.Muzzle control, sight target, shooting, common sense, you name it there was many people that just have no damn idea. I have corrected even the army instructors that its not a "clip" its a "magazine". I think they probably know thediff. but most of those that were there with us did not. So I think they were making it simple for them. I couldnt stand it. I had to say something everytime. I think by the end of the monthmost realized that there was a diff. andstarted coming around.There is alot more that went on but I just wanted tosay helloand let you guys know what has been up on my end.

Later guys.

I'm jealous. I really miss the time I was allowed to spend in the litter box. You know as well as I do the "media" doesn't paint the correct picture of the folks there and how they feel about us.

All the same, watch your six and thanks for continuing the watch for us!

Sincerely,

Commodore (Former Squid)

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    I so need one of the ACU patches. Where can I get one? Thank you to all ofyou.

Post imported post

Thank you as I have a son in the Army but so far is still in the States.