• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back to OC'ing for a week..

tat2ed_guy

imported post

So I left for training on the 30th of Aug. We got lucky and are allowed a week of leave before we go to Iraq. I didnt realize how much I missed carrying my tool until yesterday when I got home and picked it up. At least they give me an M16 to carry for the next year. lol. Not that they are comfortable to carry at all. Although I think we should all exercise our rights Im glad that we all dont.During my training I found that alot of people shouldnt carry or evenown a gun.Muzzle control, sight target, shooting, common sense, you name it there was many people that just have no damn idea. I have corrected even the army instructors that its not a "clip" its a "magazine". I think they probably know thediff. but most of those that were there with us did not. So I think they were making it simple for them. I couldnt stand it. I had to say something everytime. I think by the end of the monthmost realized that there was a diff. andstarted coming around.There is alot more that went on but I just wanted tosay helloand let you guys know what has been up on my end.

Later guys.

Batousaii

imported post

Be safe out there in the sandbox.

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Boondoc Saints

Jeff Hayes

imported post

My son just got back and he said peace has broken out all over Iraq. None the less keep your powder dry and yourhead down. Thank youfor your service to our country. Take care.

Orphan

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

wwjs-batch1.jpg

Commodore76

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Be safe out there in the sandbox.

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Boondoc Saints
Bat,

I knew I liked you.One ofmy favorite movies of all time.

Cheers,

Commodore

Commodore76

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
So I left for training on the 30th of Aug. We got lucky and are allowed a week of leave before we go to Iraq. I didnt realize how much I missed carrying my tool until yesterday when I got home and picked it up. At least they give me an M16 to carry for the next year. lol. Not that they are comfortable to carry at all. Although I think we should all exercise our rights Im glad that we all dont.During my training I found that alot of people shouldnt carry or evenown a gun.Muzzle control, sight target, shooting, common sense, you name it there was many people that just have no damn idea. I have corrected even the army instructors that its not a "clip" its a "magazine". I think they probably know thediff. but most of those that were there with us did not. So I think they were making it simple for them. I couldnt stand it. I had to say something everytime. I think by the end of the monthmost realized that there was a diff. andstarted coming around.There is alot more that went on but I just wanted tosay helloand let you guys know what has been up on my end.

Later guys.

I'm jealous. I really miss the time I was allowed to spend in the litter box. You know as well as I do the "media" doesn't paint the correct picture of the folks there and how they feel about us.

All the same, watch your six and thanks for continuing the watch for us!

Sincerely,

Commodore (Former Squid)