• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal Carry?

imported post

blutorlz3 wrote:
With all that said, can a Missouri resident who is younger than 23 obtain a non-resident permit from another state and be allowed to carry in Missouri? Would the non-resident permit only be recognized as a permit to carry in the issuing state or would it be recognized as sufficient to carry in Missouri?

Check out page 5 on this brochure from the Missouri State Highway Patrol. They state that you can and a lot of people do.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-863.pdf

blutorlz3

imported post

Thanks for that clarification (and a good source of knowledge). So it appears with a non-resident permit, from Maine, an 18-22 year old may concealed carry a weapon in Missouri. Off topic, but does anyone know if Maine requires a Missouri resident to have a Missouri CCW to obtain a Maine non-resident permit. from what i have read Maine does not require Missourian applicants to have a Missouri CCW.

imported post

blutorlz3 wrote:
Thanks for that clarification (and a good source of knowledge). So it appears with a non-resident permit, from Maine, an 18-22 year old may concealed carry a weapon in Missouri. Off topic, but does anyone know if Maine requires a Missouri resident to have a Missouri CCW to obtain a Maine non-resident permit. from what i have read Maine does not require Missourian applicants to have a Missouri CCW.

No they do not. At least 1 poster on here has a daughter that got her Maine permit at 18 and regularly carries.

Isn't that right brolin_1911.

You can download the non resident application here.

http://www.maine.gov/dps/msp/licenses/documents/Weapons/non-resident%20application%20package.pdf

chemcmndr

imported post

Another source of information to substantiate the legality of being able to conceal carry with a non-resident permit under the age of 23 in MO.

While I was waiting for my Florida permit to arrive, I took a MO concealed carry class in Independence, MO. For three hours, an attorney named Derek Ward came in to talk to us about Missouri concealed carry laws and what they mean. During his time there, he made specific mention on how it was legal for me to get my Florida non-resident permit and carry in Missouri under the age of 23. Mr. Ward worked closely with attorney Kevin Jameson to help develop Missouri's concealed carry laws.

themasterofmachines

imported post

I have been searching for hours trying to find:
[align=left]page 6 paragraph (5) of “Laws Relating to Permits to[/align]
Carry Concealed Firearms”.

On the Maine.gov website. Does anyone know where to find said information?