• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missing person - family

pazsion

imported post

On or about the 2nd of october. At or around 4AM My cousin John Olmstead went missing. I say missing because several things are odd about this.

He packed a bag of clothes, towels, plastic bags.. as if he were going some where and expected to be walking or completely submerged in water..Yet his boots he likes and several shoes he could wear are still here.. This bag with a box of capt crunch was left on my front porch.. he expected to be gone for atleast a few days.

It is highly unusual that he not give his family some hint or details about what he is going to do. Or where he is going.. even if its something he didn't want us knowing details about he would atleast let us know he's going to disappear..And not to worry too much..

We have submitted a missing person report with henrico and richmond city. Thinking about his military history, some things may be blocked for the police.. that may give good details on if he's ok and where he is...Last I know he was not active military.. But did show interest in joining again. Or such a service..

So I came here. hopeing for maybe some assitance. Since this is family and i have more details and knowledge of him
and contact with other family members. So more info is possible, unlike other cases I know of.

We have pics on facebook, etc. I am unaware of any facebook or myspace accounts he would of had. But will be asking for rights to access them.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=167368874313&id=756568312&ref=share

pazsion

imported post

A couple weeks back he mentioned that a friend told him that someone was looking into his background using names of family and friends..

pazsion

imported post

=/ his facebook was hacked an deleted a mo ago... I have requested any available info.. but they are hiding behind privacy laws...

pazsion

imported post

my bad, thought i had location info in my profile etc..

commonwealth of virginia. 1 of 3 commonwealths?? left.. richmond 23294.. was last known. he is known to walk from here to short pump ( northern glen allen) and or from here to richmond city.. =C looking for jobs and hanging with friends.

Sister saw him walk out at about 4am. friday the second of Oct.
She didn't recall a bag etc.. she's not one for details.. kind of careless.. i went to bed at this time.. man if i had stayed up longer.. atleast i could of talked with him a little.

he borrowed $20 from my dad, he had his own pack of cigs, and 2 40's of OE that night. from this money.

I had noticed my $15-$20 in change was missing about a week ago, and confronted him.. knowing it could not be my brother, he had all the things he needed at the time the money went missing.. no one else was home etc..

He did not like being accused of such things, and denied it.. I could tell by the tone and unsteadyness of his voice that he was lieing.. I really don't care that the money is gone.. I can make more. All he has to do is ask..
But i also need to save money to take care of myself my cats and my car.. and this is why i had to say something..my savings for the last 3 months was gone..

he told friends that he had quit drinking.. but has been recently.. 2 40's of old english were found in the trash can. saturday morning.. something he could easily consume on his own. but would be noticably intoxicated.. obviously this is a problem he needs help with.. If he's gonna take money to get alchahol..

I haven't thought to call the specific departments for such things.. thinking that calling the hospitals would result in something if he was there period.. but maybe i'm wrong..
I don't think he'd do this anyway, thinking it's not a problem.. the things he packed up don't suggest this either.. And why would he leave it behind?

pazsion

imported post

I have personally called henrico and richmond jail's before and after the report was filed..

a friend who knows emt's etc has checked ER's etc.. so far nothing..

the next phase is for us to hit the pavement and walk around asking people, with a photo =/

John has been deleteing numbers off the caller ID.. So i'm thinking he's been in contact with someone we don't know.
And he didnt want us contacting.. this person could of picked him up.. haven't called to retrieve numbers list from comcast yet.. dad needs to do that..

John would still contact us if he could.. atleast his sister.. which leads me to believe he might be doing something stupid.. and doesnt want us to know.. Or is in trouble or hurt and not able to contact us.. I have been overly anxious these last few days.. not normal and have never had this any other time he just disappeared.. or any point in my life..

pazsion

imported post

I hope that it's ok I post my phone number here.. If its not or violates rules please let me know

1-804-270-1067 If you need to ask questions have info etc.. please call. Not a secure line..

markand

imported post

Sorry to hear of your situation. There are groups that can help. My wife's mother went missing in 1959, shortly after my wife was born. Due to the length of time and other circumstances too complicated to go into here, a happy ending is unlikely. In your case, however, the trail hasn't grown cold.

One organization we are aware of can be found at http://trackmissing.org/

Search the Internet for others, if you're not already doing so. With a current case, you might be able to attract the attention of local, and perhaps national media. Don't give up!