Thread: Guns Really DO Save Lives!

Post imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-lo...,5318703.story

By Eric Gillard (757) 247-4879

NEWPORT NEWS - One suspect in a Friday armed robbery has been arrested while the other one is still being sought.

The first suspect, Barry Hooker, 26, of Chestnut Avenue, is facing two counts of attempted robbery, two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and wearing a mask in public, said Newport News Police spokeswoman Holly McPherson. Hooker also had two outstanding warrants for assault and battery at the time of the robbery, she said.

The second suspect is described as a dark-skinned black male, 5 feet 10, 160 pounds with a goatee.

According to McPherson, the two men entered White's Grocery on Chestnut Avenue Friday night. One of the men pulled out a shotgun on the store owner and a male employee while Hooker went around the counter. The store owner grabbed his gun and shot Hooker while the second suspect fled the scene, she said.

Hooker was transported to a hospital for his wounds and is currently in ICU.

The store owner and the employee were not injured, she said.

If you have any information on the second suspect, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Ahh, but the true and ardent anti would argue that the store owner should just have given the men what they wanted.. that there was not need to resort to gun violence when he could just have ended it without hurting anyone.

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon themselves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

Anti's just don't see this... or they chose to ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans of a gun-free state. I think the latter is more likely to be the truth.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Ahh, but the true and ardent anti would argue that the store owner should just have given the men what they wanted.. that there was not need to resort to gun violence when he could just have ended it without hurting anyone.

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon their selves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

Anti's just don't see this... or they chose to ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans of a gun-free state. I think the latter is more likely to be the truth.
    I absolutely think they ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans...If they think that just giving them what they want is going to guarantee that the situation will end safely for the victim, they are sadly mistaken...and I'm not willing to take that chance with my safety, or the safety of my wife and daughter!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon their selves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.
    Even more to the point, what they consider "thought" would be quite alien to most of us. Cause and effect relationships, at least insofar as their own actions are concerned, are an alien concept. Besides, between their often low IQs and substance abuse, what they "think" is often surreal and changes instantly and randomly.

But hey, if you can't trust a tweaker with a Raven .25 in his quivering hand, whom CAN you trust?
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

I agree rational, logical, reasonable thinking can't necessarily be ascribed to criminals.

Why did you shoot the poor man after he had given you his money?
    1: No witness to report.
    2. Didn't give me enough.
    3. I didn't like the way he looked at me.
    4. He looked like my dad. I hated my dad.
    5. To see him die.
    6. Poor trigger control.
    7. Cuz I'm da man.
    8. He was old.
    9. He was rich.
    10. The voices told me to.
    11. To see.
    12. To get a rep as a bad dude.
    13. He was unlucky.

Post imported post

Fenris wrote:
    I agree rational, logical, reasonable thinking can't necessarily be ascribed to criminals.

5. To see him die.
    6. Poor trigger control.
    7. Cuz I'm da man.
    8. He was old.
    9. He was rich.
    11. To see.
    13. He was unlucky.
    The voices tell me to stay home and clean the guns!:shock:

Post imported post

2a4all wrote:
    http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-lo...,5318703.story

By Eric Gillard (757) 247-4879

NEWPORT NEWS - One suspect in a Friday armed robbery has been arrested while the other one is still being sought.

The first suspect, Barry Hooker, 26, of Chestnut Avenue, is facing two counts of attempted robbery, two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and wearing a mask in public, said Newport News Police spokeswoman Holly McPherson. Hooker also had two outstanding warrants for assault and battery at the time of the robbery, she said.

The second suspect is described as a dark-skinned black male, 5 feet 10, 160 pounds with a goatee.

According to McPherson, the two men entered White's Grocery on Chestnut Avenue Friday night. One of the men pulled out a shotgun on the store owner and a male employee while Hooker went around the counter. The store owner grabbed his gun and shot Hooker while the second suspect fled the scene, she said.

Hooker was transported to a hospital for his wounds and is currently in ICU.

The store owner and the employee were not injured, she said.

If you have any information on the second suspect, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).
    unless you are jamming the business end into your dome piece well then its a marvelous weapon

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon themselves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

The numbers say different.

read
    www.gunfacts.info

You are much more likely to receive injury if you do what your told compared to resisting with a firearm. Hell your even better fighting with whatever is at hand.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Post imported post

Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
    6. Poor trigger control.
    7. Cuz I'm da man.
    8. He was old.
    9. He was rich.
    11. To see.
    13. He was unlucky.
    Cite please.
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
    6. Poor trigger control.
    7. Cuz I'm da man.
    8. He was old.
    9. He was rich.
    11. To see.
    13. He was unlucky.
    Cite please.
    cites:

cnn.com, fox.com, abc.com, nbc.com, cbs.com

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    simmonsjoe wrote:
    Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
    6. Poor trigger control.
    7. Cuz I'm da man.
    8. He was old.
    9. He was rich.
    11. To see.
    13. He was unlucky.
    Cite please.
    cites:

cnn.com, fox.com, abc.com, nbc.com, cbs.com
    Could you cite an organization that deals in facts?:celebrate:celebrate