• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Really DO Save Lives!

2a4all

imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_nnrobb_1006oct06,0,5318703.story

By Eric Gillard (757) 247-4879

NEWPORT NEWS - One suspect in a Friday armed robbery has been arrested while the other one is still being sought.

The first suspect, Barry Hooker, 26, of Chestnut Avenue, is facing two counts of attempted robbery, two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and wearing a mask in public, said Newport News Police spokeswoman Holly McPherson. Hooker also had two outstanding warrants for assault and battery at the time of the robbery, she said.

The second suspect is described as a dark-skinned black male, 5 feet 10, 160 pounds with a goatee.

According to McPherson, the two men entered White's Grocery on Chestnut Avenue Friday night. One of the men pulled out a shotgun on the store owner and a male employee while Hooker went around the counter. The store owner grabbed his gun and shot Hooker while the second suspect fled the scene, she said.

Hooker was transported to a hospital for his wounds and is currently in ICU.

The store owner and the employee were not injured, she said.

If you have any information on the second suspect, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Ahh, but the true and ardent anti would argue that the store owner should just have given the men what they wanted.. that there was not need to resort to gun violence when he could just have ended it without hurting anyone.

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon themselves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

Anti's just don't see this... or they chose to ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans of a gun-free state. I think the latter is more likely to be the truth.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Ahh, but the true and ardent anti would argue that the store owner should just have given the men what they wanted.. that there was not need to resort to gun violence when he could just have ended it without hurting anyone.

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon their selves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

Anti's just don't see this... or they chose to ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans of a gun-free state. I think the latter is more likely to be the truth.
I absolutely think they ignore it because it doesn't play into their plans...If they think that just giving them what they want is going to guarantee that the situation will end safely for the victim, they are sadly mistaken...and I'm not willing to take that chance with my safety, or the safety of my wife and daughter!

Deanimator

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon their selves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.
Even more to the point, what they consider "thought" would be quite alien to most of us. Cause and effect relationships, at least insofar as their own actions are concerned, are an alien concept. Besides, between their often low IQs and substance abuse, what they "think" is often surreal and changes instantly and randomly.

But hey, if you can't trust a tweaker with a Raven .25 in his quivering hand, whom CAN you trust?

Fenris

imported post

I agree rational, logical, reasonable thinking can't necessarily be ascribed to criminals.

Why did you shoot the poor man after he had given you his money?
1: No witness to report.
2. Didn't give me enough.
3. I didn't like the way he looked at me.
4. He looked like my dad. I hated my dad.
5. To see him die.
6. Poor trigger control.
7. Cuz I'm da man.
8. He was old.
9. He was rich.
10. The voices told me to.
11. To see.
12. To get a rep as a bad dude.
13. He was unlucky.

Infidel

imported post

Fenris wrote:
I agree rational, logical, reasonable thinking can't necessarily be ascribed to criminals.

5. To see him die.
6. Poor trigger control.
7. Cuz I'm da man.
8. He was old.
9. He was rich.
11. To see.
13. He was unlucky.
The voices tell me to stay home and clean the guns!:shock:

carbon

Banned
imported post

2a4all wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_nnrobb_1006oct06,0,5318703.story

By Eric Gillard (757) 247-4879

NEWPORT NEWS - One suspect in a Friday armed robbery has been arrested while the other one is still being sought.

The first suspect, Barry Hooker, 26, of Chestnut Avenue, is facing two counts of attempted robbery, two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and wearing a mask in public, said Newport News Police spokeswoman Holly McPherson. Hooker also had two outstanding warrants for assault and battery at the time of the robbery, she said.

The second suspect is described as a dark-skinned black male, 5 feet 10, 160 pounds with a goatee.

According to McPherson, the two men entered White's Grocery on Chestnut Avenue Friday night. One of the men pulled out a shotgun on the store owner and a male employee while Hooker went around the counter. The store owner grabbed his gun and shot Hooker while the second suspect fled the scene, she said.

Hooker was transported to a hospital for his wounds and is currently in ICU.

The store owner and the employee were not injured, she said.

If you have any information on the second suspect, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (562-5887).
unless you are jamming the business end into your dome piece well then its a marvelous weapon

simmonsjoe

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:

What people like that, and all the rest of the second guessers, are missing is this simple little fact. BGs don't think the same as good people. They are on a completely different wave length then we are. While probably the majority of them don't wish to kill anyone, they will do what they must in order to gain what they're after. If it's a simple "grab-and-run", they probably are not of a mind to really injure someone, let alone kill them. But if they have taken it upon themselves to use a weapon, then only an idiot would assume they don't intend to use it if things go awry.

The numbers say different.

read
www.gunfacts.info

You are much more likely to receive injury if you do what your told compared to resisting with a firearm. Hell your even better fighting with whatever is at hand.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
6. Poor trigger control.
7. Cuz I'm da man.
8. He was old.
9. He was rich.
11. To see.
13. He was unlucky.
Cite please.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
6. Poor trigger control.
7. Cuz I'm da man.
8. He was old.
9. He was rich.
11. To see.
13. He was unlucky.
Cite please.
cites:

cnn.com, fox.com, abc.com, nbc.com, cbs.com

simmonsjoe

imported post

ed wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Fenris wrote:

5. To see him die.
6. Poor trigger control.
7. Cuz I'm da man.
8. He was old.
9. He was rich.
11. To see.
13. He was unlucky.
Cite please.
cites:

cnn.com, fox.com, abc.com, nbc.com, cbs.com
Could you cite an organization that deals in facts?:lol::lol::celebrate:celebrate