• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greenfield Wisconsin Bans Guns

Tree_Planter

imported post

On June 15 a city-wide firearms ban was defeated just outside Milwaukee in Greenfield, Wisconsin, and the next day the same defeat happened in South Milwaukee.

Two months later Greenfield city council expanded their firearms prohibition to not only include the city, but specifically ban carry in all city parks, parklands, parkways, trail connections, and nature areas. They then adopted state statutes limiting firearms use. They also increased police department fee collection and expanded who may issue citations to city employees not employed by the police department.

Details are in the Wisconsin section of OpenCarry.org:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=32366&forum_id=57&jump_to=546227

Last edited:

XD40coyote

imported post

What next? So is Plainfield going to try and ban strange old men from hardware stores on the opening day of deer season?

( the Greenfield part made me think of Plainfield and Ed Gein...)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
What next? So is Plainfield going to try and ban strange old men from hardware stores on the opening day of deer season?

( the Greenfield part made me think of Plainfield and Ed Gein...)

WOW, I didn't think too many people knew about Eddie outside of Wisconsin, We sure do have the best serial killers in the country in the midwest!

Ed Gein Jeans, they fit like a 2nd skin.

So, what happened in Greenfield. Have they been made to realize the new ordinance is unenforcable during the last meeting?

Tree_Planter

imported post

Many people attended and voiced reasons why the ordinances are bad for Greenfield. City council moved for the ordinances to return to the legislative committee where Greenfield will have the opportunity to re-think their prior decisions. (More details are in the Wisconsin section.)

Greenfield's argument is that by using the law to disarm criminals, everyone is safe. It is a glaringly false argument: criminals commit the same crimes with the same tools, but victims are denied the ability to defend themselves.

As one victim pointed out in front of Greenfield's city council, crime stops when we refuse to be victims. This is exactly what happened Tuesday, citizens took a stand and told local government they won't have the ability to exercise their guaranteed rights stolen from them.

You too can make a change, you just have to get out and do it.

Last edited: