• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: Virginia gun group to protest Congressman Cantor's "roundup" on Oct

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please CLICK, SUBSCRIBE, DIGG, and REDDIT!

[url]http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d6-Virginia-gun-group-to-protest-Congressman-Cantors-roundup-on-Oct-17-2009[/url]

examiner.com for several years now they have been asking Representative Eric Cantor (R - VA) . . . to hold their annual Roundup at a venue which respects gun rights . . . But the Republicans have steadfastly refused . . . Said Gunst to other rally planners, "we consider ourselves a freedom friendly mall, and at this point we have the Roundup surrounded."

Repeater

imported post

Mike wrote:
Please CLICK, SUBSCRIBE, DIGG, and REDDIT!

[url]http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m10d6-Virginia-gun-group-to-protest-Congressman-Cantors-roundup-on-Oct-17-2009[/url]

examiner.com for several years now they have been asking Representative Eric Cantor (R - VA) . . . to hold their annual Roundup at a venue which respects gun rights . . . But the Republicans have steadfastly refused . . . Said Gunst to other rally planners, "we consider ourselves a freedom friendly mall, and at this point we have the Roundup surrounded."
This is indeed a Hot Topic -- well placed, well timed!

This quote is quite appropriate:

"In response to the Republican snub, ..."

That exactly correct: the 7th District State Central Committee has snubbed all Virginia Gun owners.

And that's wrong.

Now, since this event is being held in Henrico County, let's take a look at the Henrico GOP:

October Breakfast Meeting, Oct. 10, 2009

Come join us at the breakfast meeting, August 1, to hear Delegates John O'Bannon and Bill Janis. The breakfast is $11.00 and is at The Place, at 8:00 a.m. Come on out to meet other Republicans and learn how you can help our candidates.

The Place at Innsbrook

4036 Cox Road
(Near the Corner of Broad & Cox)
Glen Allen, VA 23060

So, one has to wonder: what is the carry policy at The Place?

Swampbeast

imported post

When will the Republicans learn we need to stop trying to appease liberals and support conservative policies! I hope the freedom rally is huge!

I wish I was going to be around that weekend, it would be a fun event to attend.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Swampbeast wrote:
When will the Republicans learn we need to stop trying to appease liberals and support conservative policies! I hope the freedom rally is huge!

I wish I was going to be around that weekend, it would be a fun event to attend.
Appease is the key word, the GOP has become nothing more than Johnny Come Lately Liberals themselves.

Who was it that had the quote about conservatives always supporting the same thing as democrats, but 15 years later?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Repeater wrote:
October Breakfast Meeting, Oct. 10, 2009

Come join us at the breakfast meeting, August 1...
So, is it October or August? I don't have a wayback machine... I don't think anyone does.