• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

attack on a dirt road

jay75009

imported post

yes i did, it was either that or die at that point, like i said before, its not exactly how they explain it in the mandatory NRA pistol course......... plus........the road was a logging road.........no houses or ppl........meaning the backstop was 50 some odd miles of woods

jay75009

imported post

plus i dont need justification for my actions from you, you were not there, and the state police cleared me of any wrong doing and called it a straight case and clean shoot.

Big Boy

imported post

You probably wouldn't be getting quite as much flak if you had left the whole story and let people actually know what went on.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jay75009 wrote:
wanna know more let me know
Yes, I would like to know the entire story of what happened beginning to the end of whatever judicial proceedings against the men concluded. I missed the original post of the entire situation.

jay75009

imported post

thanks hired, i had the whole thing up, but ppl started complaining cause it was long, so i said screw it and took it down............and yet that didnt help apperently

r6-rider

imported post

jay75009 wrote:
to answer you both, my MOS is 5811 , it didnt happen on a Military base, my original posting was the true story of one of the worst moments of my life, it was alot longer but a bunch of people started picking it apart for no reason so i shortened it up to just get rid of them.

and yes windows shatter into small pebbles because they are indeed safety glass, but small shards also sometimes shatter from the cutt edge and thats what got into my eyes causing themto bleed.

the window blowout happened about a minute before i even drew my weapon, i fled the scene to avoid a very violent confrontation, in doing so i drove my vehicle off the road due to lack of clear vision from the blood, once exiting my vehicle the agressors attempted to run me over with their vehicle, forcing me to fire my weapon at the windshield but yet again i was bleeding from my forhead, *from the crash* and had small bits of glass in my eyes so my vision was shot.

at the time and during the situation the agressors vehicle did not seem to me to befleeing or trying to "run away" they had just came within 3 feet of running me over in the back woods intentionaly.after i barely avoided being run down i turned and continued to fire out of instinct.

i can see how my earlier posts could have lead some to belive i was firing my weapon as my window was being punched out, but thats because i deleted the original post because of people who just like to jump on everyone without any facts.

all i wanted to do was share my account of a day i wished would have never happened, and didnt need to happen really, but the ignorance of some sometimes causes those why prepare for the worst, to act on instinct and training to keep safe...........

in all i am glad i missed. both the men were fathers, and had children and wives. the last thing any of us want to do is take a human life, and i am truely thankful that i did not that day.......wanna know more let me know, i even have the police reports if any of the troll hunters want proof........

o ok MP thats what i assumed. sounds like a crazy day man what started the whole confrontation?

i cant say i wouldnt be firing blind if i had a car coming at me either, sounds like you did the right thing

jay75009

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
jay75009 wrote:
to answer you both, my MOS is 5811 , it didnt happen on a Military base, my original posting was the true story of one of the worst moments of my life, it was alot longer but a bunch of people started picking it apart for no reason so i shortened it up to just get rid of them.

and yes windows shatter into small pebbles because they are indeed safety glass, but small shards also sometimes shatter from the cutt edge and thats what got into my eyes causing themto bleed.

the window blowout happened about a minute before i even drew my weapon, i fled the scene to avoid a very violent confrontation, in doing so i drove my vehicle off the road due to lack of clear vision from the blood, once exiting my vehicle the agressors attempted to run me over with their vehicle, forcing me to fire my weapon at the windshield but yet again i was bleeding from my forhead, *from the crash* and had small bits of glass in my eyes so my vision was shot.

at the time and during the situation the agressors vehicle did not seem to me to befleeing or trying to "run away" they had just came within 3 feet of running me over in the back woods intentionaly.after i barely avoided being run down i turned and continued to fire out of instinct.

i can see how my earlier posts could have lead some to belive i was firing my weapon as my window was being punched out, but thats because i deleted the original post because of people who just like to jump on everyone without any facts.

all i wanted to do was share my account of a day i wished would have never happened, and didnt need to happen really, but the ignorance of some sometimes causes those why prepare for the worst, to act on instinct and training to keep safe...........

in all i am glad i missed. both the men were fathers, and had children and wives. the last thing any of us want to do is take a human life, and i am truely thankful that i did not that day.......wanna know more let me know, i even have the police reports if any of the troll hunters want proof........

o ok MP thats what i assumed. sounds like a crazy day man what started the whole confrontation?

i cant say i wouldnt be firing blind if i had a car coming at me either, sounds like you did the right thing
it started because i ousted a child molester for hanging out wtih my ex's little sister, him and his cousin decided to chase me down to a very remote location and assault me, i fled not wanting a confrontation , and then my vehicle went off the road and they tried to run me down.

the outcome was they were both charged

the original agressor with terrorizing and felony assault with intent to injure and accesory to attempted murder

and the driver with attempted murder with a motor vehicle, felonious motor vehicle assault and class C felony terrorizing.

would have gotten away with misidiminor terrorizing if the passenger hadnt been dumb enough to record it all on his I-phone.

was deffinately a day i wish had never happend and could easily had been avoided by some commone sense on their part

FunkTrooper

imported post

That must have awful I couldn't imagine firing blind, thanks for sharing. Sorry you had people giving you a hard time for how you had written it before, as a tip when I'm writing a long post I'll usually write it out in MS word first before I post (it makes it easier to edit).

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well the sounds of it you did the right thing under those circumstances.

I too would have shot blindly into the direction of an oncomingcar if it were going to run me down.

You also did good in stopping the situation with the girl, but you had to pay with some injury which in my opinion is better than the girl being hurt.

Semper - Fi!

r6-rider

imported post

maybe im reading this wrong, but you said these guys have wives and kids... but ones a child molester? and you're glad you didnt shoot him?

may be just me, but if the opportunity to do real justice for a child molester came up, i would have no guilt (now or ever) taking him out and anyone that defends him

im biased though and truly believe that no pedophile will ever change their ways

jay75009

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
maybe im reading this wrong, but you said these guys have wives and kids... but ones a child molester? and you're glad you didnt shoot him?

may be just me, but if the opportunity to do real justice for a child molester came up, i would have no guilt (now or ever) taking him out and anyone that defends him

im biased though and truly believe that no pedophile will ever change their ways
i believe the same thing, but to be honest, before this day i had NEVER physicaly seen the man. i just heard his name and my ex's sister saying he always wanted her to sit on his lap.........so i checked with a LEO buddy of mine and he popped as a predator.........when they pulled up the 1st.......and 2nd times i honestly did not know wich of the two was him, all i knew was two large bearded guys were trying to take me out, and when i actualy fired, all i could see was a dark green blurr coming at me really fast........im glad noone died because i didnt want the wrong person to die ya know?

GoldCoaster

imported post

r6-rider wrote:

Child molesters tend to get molested pretty vigorously in the pokey.