Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Maine needs more awarement

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    i've noticed, southern maine needs alot more knowledge on OC..............noone down here including the police have even heard of it , we need a very large OC picknick or gathering in southern maine!!!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , Georgia, USA
    Posts
    91

    Post imported post

    I am going to be up in Maine soon for a business trip. I was told by a women with the Maine State Police that even though I do not have time to get a non-resident permit, I can openly carry without a license.

    That suggests to me that there is some awareness within the law enforcement community.

    By the way, the restriction on carrying in a car without a license is terrible! I am not terribly happy about the concept of parking, going to the trunk, putting on my holster and racking the slide. Then going back to the car and undoing those actions to keep the firearm in the trunk.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    Awarement?

    You obviously haven't had much educatedness.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    Decoligny wrote:
    Awarement?

    You obviously haven't had much educatedness.
    no i just didnt have much sleepness haha, was up for almost 36 hours when i posted that lol

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    i work 3rd shift security, and picked up 2 extra shifts yesterday, i admit my spelling was horrid, sorry about that :-)

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wells, Maine, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    i down for one! although winter is fast aproaching maybe set one for spring?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    sounds like a great idea ! i am the only OC'er i've seen in southern maine sadly.........and in southern maine i iget ALOT of looks, screams, fear..........the cops here dont even know its legal, i can even quote one that i've been talking to on

    "i've been with saco pd for 36 years, been the CID officer for over 17, i've never heard of OC untill today"

    a OC gettogether in this area is severely needed!!!



  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    jay75009 wrote: Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:16 am
    ..........the cops here dont even know its legal


    jay75009 wrote:
    Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:41 am
    ........ e-mail from saco Me Police department stating they have no problem with OC

    So which way is it - can't have it both ways.


    jay75009 wrote:
    you can meet a very long time friend of mine Chief Bradley Paul. My ex girlfriends uncle, whom i have attended wedding annaversaries of, been to his home and see on a regular basis on the subject of OC.

    So why the need for personal email from Saco PD?


    So much contradiction, so little consistency - why is that?

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wells, Maine, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    jay75009 wrote: Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:16 am
    ..........the cops here dont even know its legal


    jay75009 wrote:
    Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:41 am
    ........ e-mail from saco Me Police department stating they have no problem with OC

    So which way is it - can't have it both ways.


    jay75009 wrote:
    you can meet a very long time friend of mine Chief Bradley Paul. My ex girlfriends uncle, whom i have attended wedding annaversaries of, been to his home and see on a regular basis on the subject of OC.

    So why the need for personal email from Saco PD?


    So much contradiction, so little consistency - why is that?

    Yata hey
    well seeing as he's not the chief of saco pd, an e-mail from said pd is needed.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    Deuce1911 wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    jay75009 wrote: Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:16 am
    ..........the cops here dont even know its legal


    jay75009 wrote:
    Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:41 am
    ........ e-mail from saco Me Police department stating they have no problem with OC

    So which way is it - can't have it both ways.


    jay75009 wrote:
    you can meet a very long time friend of mine Chief Bradley Paul. My ex girlfriends uncle, whom i have attended wedding annaversaries of, been to his home and see on a regular basis on the subject of OC.

    So why the need for personal email from Saco PD?


    So much contradiction, so little consistency - why is that?

    Yata hey
    well seeing as he's not the chief of saco pd, an e-mail from said pd is needed.
    "He" = Brad Paul or Jay75009? Either way, one would surely think/expect that Chief would simply advise the dept/officers and not require any "education" through sit downs and emails.

    What logical explanation do you propose for "the cops here dont even know its legal vs stating they have no problem with OC" posted on the same day?

    Yata hey


    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    HERE meant southern maine as a whole. not my specific town.

    and yes we do sitdowns and talk about things. easier to remember a face to face meet than a blank discription sent over in-car rigs. very small town. we like to do things personaly and face to face.

    and why are you still hunting my posts and picking them apart grape. its getting old

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wells, Maine, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    well if the topic of conversation is not concerning his = THE CHIEF's, department and he = THE CHIEF is an aquaintance of jays than why would he not talk candidly. so my point remains.

    "the cops here dont even know its legal." jay is obviously making a generalized statement with some sarcasm and exaggeration about southern maine. you may not have gathered this but jay moved to southern maine recently. not being used to the different climate here, he was taken aback by the lack of knowledge concerneing OC.

    "stating they have no problem with OC." do i really need to explain something so glaringly obvious. the e-mail is from SACO PD not SOUTHERN MAINE PD.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere, somewhere USA
    Posts
    380

    Post imported post

    thank you deuce :-D well said :-)

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667

    Post imported post

    Check out my topic "anybody want to do an OC get together?" I know that Jay is on it, just trying to get everyone in one place so that we can get as many people at the walk as we can! (Sorry if I thread-jacked)

  15. #15
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,623

    Post imported post

    shanebelanger wrote:
    Check out my topic "anybody want to do an OC get together?" I know that Jay is on it, just trying to get everyone in one place so that we can get as many people at the walk as we can! (Sorry if I thread-jacked)
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum27/32727.html

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Freeport, Maine, United States
    Posts
    667

    Post imported post

    good call! :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •