• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maine needs more awarement

jay75009

imported post

i've noticed, southern maine needs alot more knowledge on OC..............noone down here including the police have even heard of it , we need a very large OC picknick or gathering in southern maine!!!

Peacemaker

imported post

I am going to be up in Maine soon for a business trip. I was told by a women with the Maine State Police that even though I do not have time to get a non-resident permit, I can openly carry without a license.

That suggests to me that there is some awareness within the law enforcement community.

By the way, the restriction on carrying in a car without a license is terrible! I am not terribly happy about the concept of parking, going to the trunk, putting on my holster and racking the slide. Then going back to the car and undoing those actions to keep the firearm in the trunk.

jay75009

imported post

sounds like a great idea ! i am the only OC'er i've seen in southern maine sadly.........and in southern maine i iget ALOT of looks, screams, fear..........the cops here dont even know its legal, i can even quote one that i've been talking to on

"i've been with saco pd for 36 years, been the CID officer for over 17, i've never heard of OC untill today"

a OC gettogether in this area is severely needed!!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jay75009 wrote: Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:16 am
..........the cops here dont even know its legal

jay75009 wrote:
Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2009 08:41 am
........ e-mail from saco Me Police department stating they have no problem with OC

So which way is it - can't have it both ways.

jay75009 wrote:
you can meet a very long time friend of mine Chief Bradley Paul. My ex girlfriends uncle, whom i have attended wedding annaversaries of, been to his home and see on a regular basis on the subject of OC.

So why the need for personal email from Saco PD?

So much contradiction, so little consistency - why is that?

Yata hey

Deuce1911

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

jay75009 wrote:
........ e-mail from saco Me Police department stating they have no problem with OC

jay75009 wrote:
you can meet a very long time friend of mine Chief Bradley Paul. My ex girlfriends uncle, whom i have attended wedding annaversaries of, been to his home and see on a regular basis on the subject of OC.

Yata hey
well seeing as he's not the chief of saco pd, an e-mail from said pd is needed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Deuce1911 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

jay75009 wrote:

jay75009 wrote:

Yata hey
well seeing as he's not the chief of saco pd, an e-mail from said pd is needed.
"He" = Brad Paul or Jay75009? Either way, one would surely think/expect that Chief would simply advise the dept/officers and not require any "education" through sit downs and emails.

What logical explanation do you propose for "the cops here dont even know its legal vs stating they have no problem with OC" posted on the same day?

Yata hey

jay75009

imported post

HERE meant southern maine as a whole. not my specific town.

and yes we do sitdowns and talk about things. easier to remember a face to face meet than a blank discription sent over in-car rigs. very small town. we like to do things personaly and face to face.

and why are you still hunting my posts and picking them apart grape. its getting old

Deuce1911

imported post

well if the topic of conversation is not concerning his = THE CHIEF's, department and he = THE CHIEF is an aquaintance of jays than why would he not talk candidly. so my point remains.

"the cops here dont even know its legal." jay is obviously making a generalized statement with some sarcasm and exaggeration about southern maine. you may not have gathered this but jay moved to southern maine recently. not being used to the different climate here, he was taken aback by the lack of knowledge concerneing OC.

"stating they have no problem with OC." do i really need to explain something so glaringly obvious. the e-mail is from SACO PD not SOUTHERN MAINE PD.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Check out my topic "anybody want to do an OC get together?" I know that Jay is on it, just trying to get everyone in one place so that we can get as many people at the walk as we can! (Sorry if I thread-jacked)