• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need a lil help undertanding....

dasfzero

imported post

I was unaware ohio permitted open carry. I have been looking into my CCW for quite some time now and have the paper work filled out. I havent submitted it yet bc i am a recent college grad who is completly broke and cannot afford the class and ccw at this point.

From what i have been reading am i correct in saying that i am able to open carry anywhere in the state of ohio as long as i conform to the gun free zone restrictions just as i would if i carrying concealed? is there any important info i am missing to do this legally?

I am a strict believer in safe gun handling and obeying the law (and fighting against the unjust ones)

Happy hunting!

D_Weezy

imported post

"From what i have been reading am I correct in saying that I am able to open carry anywhere in the state of Ohio as long as I conform to the gun free zone restrictions just as I would if I carrying concealed?"

You got it. You can open carry. The only thing is, some places (i.e. stores) might not want you to open carry in their establishment. More than likely though, these places won't want you to carry in their establishment at all, open or concealed. You will know them when you see them. They will have a Criminals Welcome (gun buster) sign on the door.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I suggest you also read the Attorney General's book on concealed carry.

While open carrying, you need to be concerned about more than posted places.

Let us know what you find out.

justherenow

imported post

Make sure you unload while in a car, not just unload the gun, but the magazines. Also, make sure if your asked to leave a place, you do not argue. CC'ing, nobody knows your armed. When you OC, places that are not posted but still do not want you to carry can still ask you to leave.

1245A Defender

imported post

BB62 wrote:
I suggest you also read the Attorney General's book on concealed carry.

While open carrying, you need to be concerned about more than posted places.

Let us know what you find out.

my god!! is that the best advice that youre willing to give this young guy??

Going OC can lead to serious problems, there is plenty to be concerned about.

just being lawfull is the least of your worries. read this; Lima Open Carry Incident - Case Dismissed

1245A Defender

imported post

dasfzero

25796.jpg

I wonder if these guys are cooling thier heels in the hooscow? they havent wrote back, to tell us "how it turned out".

Brian D.

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
dasfzero

25796.jpg

I wonder if these guys are cooling thier heels in the hooscow? they havent wrote back, to tell us "how it turned out".
I rather doubt it. Open carriers in Ohio mostly go about their days unhassled. We just almost always hear about the times it doesn't turn out that way.

rottman43055

imported post

Just follow the law & you should be ok, just carry a recorder incase you run into a criminal with a badge.

JSlack7851

imported post

"Criminal with a badge", isn't that a novel fraze? Nice one Rott.

Rott's right though, that voice recorder is as important as bullets, just depends what KIND of BULLY you come across.