• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who wants to win a GLOCK or a Kahr?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

So my wife and I have decided to make the party this Saturday a little more interesting. We have been trying several different handguns for everyday carry, and we need to narrow down our choices. We have decided to give away a handgun this weekend as a door prize. :celebrate

And we are not giving away a cheap-o pistola either. The winning ticket holder will be offered a choice of pistol out of the coveted "Jensen polymer pistol collection". :p

The choices will be as follows...

GLOCK 23

GLOCK 27

Kahr P40

All pistols come with everything that a new in box pistol would come with. They all come with two magazines, and the GLOCK 27 has one Pearce grip extension installed.

The winner need not be in attendance at the time of the drawing, as it will likely be the next day to be fair to everybody that shows up early or late. To adhere to all applicable laws, you must be 18 years of age or older, not be a restricted person, and reside in the State of Utah. The ticket holder also agrees that any monetary donation covers party costs, and is entirely optional.

To be clear... everyone who attends will be entered to win, and will have an equal chance of winning whether or not a donation is made to cover party costs.

b1ack5mith

imported post

whoaaaa ok this is gonna be fun! (note to self: slash all other OCDO members tires before the party starts)

kevin, i would really feel bad for winning a gun from you, id probably have to give it back to ya lol

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

GenkiSudo wrote:
$5 cover and I slip you a $20 for an improved chance?
Money is not required to win, and will not improve your chances. This is simply a give away. If we require a payment for a chance to win, all participants would be in violation of Utah's gambling laws. You do, however, have to show up to the party to enter. :D

76-10-1101'>76-10-1101 (Superseded 04/01/10). Definitions.
For the purpose of this part:
(1) "Gambling" means risking anything of value for a return or risking anything of value upon the outcome of a contest, game, gaming scheme, or gaming device when the return or outcome is based upon an element of chance and is in accord with an agreement or understanding that someone will receive something of value in the event of a certain outcome, and gambling includes a lottery;
(5) "Lottery" means any scheme for the disposal or distribution of property by chance among persons who have paid or promised to pay any valuable consideration for the chance of obtaining property, or portion of it, or for any share or any interest in property, upon any agreement, understanding, or expectation that it is to be distributed or disposed of by lot or chance, whether called a lottery, raffle, or gift enterprise, or by whatever name it may be known.

76-10-1102. Gambling.
(1) A person is guilty of gambling if he:
(a) participates in gambling;
(b) knowingly permits any gambling to be played, conducted, or dealt upon or in any real or personal property owned, rented, or under the control of the actor, whether in whole or in part; or
(c) knowingly allows the use of any video gaming device that is:
(i) in any business establishment or public place; and
(ii) accessible for use by any person within the establishment or public place.
(2) Gambling is a class B misdemeanor, provided, however, that any person who is twice convicted under this section shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor.

b1ack5mith

imported post

KEVIN! i have an idea, i say... YOU SHOULD OC YOUR AR15!!! well at the party i mean :p finally a chance to do so!

I just ordered some upgrades for mine (i ended up just gettin the scope, cause the scope and the rangefinder had too many numbers on it... i hate looking at the number 300 with a $ sign infront of it, when it just comes to upgrades i mean lol)

but yeah i got the nikon prostaff scope, 1" high rings (ofcourse) a hogue ar15 grip, harris bipod adapter and a harris 9-13" bipod (that was pricey too but i couldnt pass up, needed a good sturdy bipod anyway) and a 35" carry case for it, with the mag pouches on the outside. 130$ for all that stuff (except the scope and high rings) on dpmsinc.com, free shipping lol

mqondo

imported post

It was a great party. Thanks to those who put it on, and who brought the food, and for SGT Jensen and fam who provided vast amounts of beverages. Had some great conversations with a few members here and on UCC. Definitely waiting on the next one.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks to everybody that showed up! We saw a lot of familiar faces, and met a lot of new friends as well. We had a great time! :celebrate

We have a winner, but I thought it would be funner to let you guys keep guessing.

Oh, the winner is a member of this forum and UCC.
biggrinjester.gif

Any guesses???
dunno.gif

mqondo

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Thanks to everybody that showed up! We saw a lot of familiar faces, and met a lot of new friends as well. We had a great time! :celebrate

We have a winner, but I thought it would be funner to let you guys keep guessing.

Oh, the winner is a member of this forum and UCC.
biggrinjester.gif

Any guesses???
dunno.gif
Packingmama? The guns you have in the family, stay in the family, right? :D I'm hoping me, but there are a lot of people on UCC and OCDO both.

mqondo

imported post

I guess no matter who wins, they will be happy it's a .40 cal. That's about the only ammunution I have seen in massive quantities at every store I have visited. Other calibers are starting to stick around a little more though.