• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DP51

Trigger Dr

imported post

Over the years I have aquired a .22, a .40 and nowI just got a 9mm Daewoo DP51.

For those of you not familiar with the DP51, it is a licensed design from an FN that was designed by Browning. It can be fired double action, single action or from the Tri Action mode.

TRI ACTION MODE? Yes, Tri Action. when in the full cock position, simply press the hammer forward, engage the safety and carry as you normallywould. To fire, disengage the ambidextros safety and pressthe trigger. The hammer returns to full cock with about 1/4 lb pressureand you are back in single action mode.

Daewoo has made firearms, tosters, refers,cars and a bunch of other stuff. The DP 51 is the standard sidearm for the Korean military. relatively inexpensive ($300) very reliable, and accurate as any gun I have ever fired. uses S&W mod 59 magazines.

OK let's hear from the detractors....

Phssthpok

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:

Shoulda gone for the .40 s&w DH40...like mine!:p

Loves me the tri-action!:celebrate

Batousaii

imported post

I remember when this was developed and released some time ago. From everything i have read it is a top notch pistol with very innovative features. Daewoo, like Izhmash, has manufactured everything from Motorcycles to industrial components and home appliances, handguns and riflesetc. They are a very well established and quality product for the price.

Daewoo also makes a very nifty little rifle ;)

:cool:Bat

oldkim

imported post

Daewoo_DP51.jpg

Here's a better picture I found. I do not have one - looks good.

Where have you picked it up? Just haven't seen it around any gunshops I've been in the local Seattle area.

To give credit on the picture- I found it at this website: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Auto-Pistols/Daewoo_DP51.htm

Trigger Dr

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:

Shoulda gone for the .40 s&w DH40...like mine!:p

Loves me the tri-action!:celebrate

Re read the first post... I have the 22 and the 40 also.

There are 2 more listed on GunBroker buy now price is $400 I think.