• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Madison Home Invasion

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Constitutionalist wrote:
While reading the article I happened to see another interesting story on the sidebar. If you missed it, here is the link:
http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_90dd6a63-3271-529e-89df-04357a4c58bc.html
A great case of double standards.
So that way when the officers get po'd about something (Crandon) thet can just use their own personal rifle to solve the problem.
Gee do you think they will carry them in a school zone while off duty?
I am thinking it is illegal for an off duty officer to carry in a school zone. Am I right or wrong on this?

AaronS

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
What do they mean by assult riffle? Semi auto? or 3 round burst?

One pull, one round. Any more, and it is a "problem". I can get my new junk AK to bounce good, but it is still a one shot one pull rifle.

I do bring it up fromtime to time, that I had an OLD AK (should have never sold it), that could fire full auto. Shocked the hell out of me the first time I pushed the safety all the way down... I sold it to a Milwaukee cop some 25 years ago, so today, who knows, might be one more bad gun shop gang gun today... Or do we all trust my Milwaukee cops?

lol

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=left](2)
POSSESSION OF FIREARM IN SCHOOL ZONE. (a) Any individual[/align]
[align=left]who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual[/align]
[align=left]knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone is[/align]
[align=left]guilty of a Class I felony.[/align]
[align=left](b) Paragraph (a) does not apply to the possession of a firearm:[/align]
[align=left]1. On private property not part of school grounds;[/align]
[align=left]2. If the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so[/align]
[align=left]by a political subdivision of the state or bureau of alcohol, tobacco[/align]
[align=left]and firearms in which political subdivision the school zone is[/align]
[align=left]located, and the law of the political subdivision requires that,[/align]
[align=left]before an individual may obtain such a license, the law enforcement[/align]
[align=left]authorities of the political subdivision must verify that the[/align]
individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

3. That is not loaded and is:

[align=left]a. Encased; or[/align]
[align=left]b. In a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle;[/align]
[align=left]4. By an individual for use in a program approved by a school[/align]
[align=left]in the school zone;[/align]
[align=left]5. By an individual in accordance with a contract entered into[/align]
[align=left]between a school in the school zone and the individual or an[/align]
[align=left]employer of the individual;[/align]
[align=left]6. By a law enforcement officer or state−certified commission[/align]
[align=left]warden acting in his or her official capacity; or[/align]
[align=left]7. That is unloaded and is possessed by an individual while[/align]
[align=left]traversing school grounds for the purpose of gaining access to[/align]
[align=left]public or private lands open to hunting, if the entry on school[/align]
[align=left]grounds is authorized by school authorities.[/align]
[align=left]8. By a person who is legally hunting in a school forest if the[/align]
[align=left]school board has decided that hunting may be allowed in the[/align]
school forest under s. 120.13 (38).

An off duty law enforcement officer is not acting in his or her official capacity, therfore, is prohibited from carrying an exposed and loaded firearm on public property within 1000 feet of a school property while not on duty. However, from what I have determined this same restriction apparently does notapply to a retired law enforcement officer that has a special license to carry concealed. Go figure.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I thought Wisconsin did not issue a "License" to carry, or is the term "License" used as a technical means of saying they have permission?

There are such double standards in this state it is ridiculous. :banghead:

ConfederateSoul

imported post

Yet another example that bad things can happen here, not just "over there". A 39 year old lady just got stabbed to death in Oconomowoc, too_Our politicians need to realize we do have a legitimate need for self defense...