• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A March challenges all states in fundraising efforts.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

The gauntlet has been dropped.

Everyone loves a challenge and everyone loves competition. I mention this because I noticed that most (1/3) of the money received by the March is coming from a single state. A state with the highest unemployment level and worst economy in the country. Yet this state has managed to give more money to the Second Amendment March than any other.

Sure the economy is bad everywhere and people’s minds are distracted by other issues, but how does this state do it? Are their citizen’s greater defenders of the 2A? I hardly think so. Are they more patriotic? Again, doubtful. America is full of patriots and defenders of the 2A.

So what does this state do better than all the others? I don’t know, but it would be nice if residents of the other 49 states rose to the challenge and put this uppity state in its place by increasing their donations. A friendly competition if you will. I know that there are states out there that could raise more money than this Midwestern state I referred to earlier. If you would like to challenge this number one state in fundraising than I ask you to become a state coordinator if your state doesn't have one and if it does to contact your state coordinator and ask what you can do to help.

You can help by telling your friends to donate to the March. You can help organize a Town Hall Style Meeting in your town. You could organize fundraising “Freedom” shooting competitions. Have a Concealed carry instructor give a concealed carry course and donate the money to the March. Have your local gun clubs conduct raffles or bake sales. The ideas are as varied as the great people of this country.

All I know is we need to put this #1 money raising state in its place and with people like you I know we can do it.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, I threw in to the pot, and bought a T-Shirt. I knew about this and I think I even posted the link a while ago, but it didn't getmuch traction. I'll put my little remaining money where my keyboard is.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Milbars wrote:
Go motherland! (MI)
Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

It really is a shame that we have pro-gun people that have not heard of the March. Many sites have a banner link to the March site including this one. I encourage all pro-gun people to donate what they can. The March's goal is $500,000 to meet expenses and we have raised under $30,000.

No one receives any personal compensation and all money goes directly towards costs. I urge you all to vist the site http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com and donate, sign up for the news letter and do anything else you can to promote this event. We are getting over 50,000 new hits a WEEK and yet bring in less than $300 a month in donations. Sad really.

We also have not received any support from corporations or other "large: sponsors. If you would like to help get/or become a corporate sponsor please let us know.

I'm the Michigan Coordinator and can be reached at brian.jeffs@secondamendmentmarch.com.

Thanks, Brian