Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revoking cpl for oc'ing

Post imported post

I'm sure this has come up before but I was unable to find anything about it.

After a long discussion under the right circumstances with a pair of state police officers and a criminal law student on the subject of open carry, I was informed by them under current case law they can and have revoked a persons cpl for oc'ing. I have not been able to find any info on this myself, but I also don't have a legal library to use for reference. During this discussion the officers also explained to me that there is no legal way of getting into your vehicle with a firearm unless it is already in a case coming from or going to a firing range or hunting area. Where I was under the impression that as long as I had my cpl I could enter my vehicle then classifying my sidearm as concealed even though it is still open on my hip.They informed me that this would be in violation of my cpl and would allow them to revoke my cpl. There seems to be some very fine and blurry lines that officers can still use in this state according to our discussion. The criminal law student in this conversation is a good friend of mine who lived with me in both Colorado and Arizona where we both oc'ed all the time so I know he is on our side.

Post imported post

Read the fine print.

They are full of ****.

Post imported post

These guys have their head up a place that is dark and stinky! As is so often the case police are not the ones to be discussing the finer points of the law with... also neither is a criminal law student who seems to need to head back to the library!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Ive had multiple state and local police tell me similar. I easily shut them up by asking for proof, show me the law or the case documents, when they cant provide either I show them the law and case documents that prove what they are spouting is a load of crap.

Post imported post

Dozer wrote:
    During this discussion the officers also explained to me that there is no legal way of getting into your vehicle with a firearm unless it is already in a case coming from or going to a firing range or hunting area.
    Why would people waste their money to get a CPL if this was true?

I wonder if those cops are anything like this one...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GovV4iZN0vQ

Post imported post

I would like to thank everyone for their speedy responses. I am looking for solid proof that I can print and hand to them as these are people that I would like to educate on the topic. The more knowledge I can share with them the more likely they are to smile and wave as they drive by instead of causing a hassle. I have read the letter to law enforcement that is posted on another thread and printed it as well but does not cover the topics at hand.

Post imported post

If you believe that nonsense, I have a bridge in Mackinaw I'll consider selling you.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Dozer wrote:
    I would like to thank everyone for their speedy responses. I am looking for solid proof that I can print and hand to them as these are people that I would like to educate on the topic. .
    The burden is on them. If they claim to know of a non existent law, you can't really hope to find proof that it doesn't exist.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

It's right under that law thingy that says you have a freedom of speech.

Post imported post

And can wear a red shirt on Wed... or take a crap at 3:00 pm on thursday... or go to the range only on Friday afternoon @2:30 PM
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Come one Thursday....I had chilidogs today...not....sure.....I'llmakeit....oshi....

Post imported post

Was the cop MrGoodShot? lol

Post imported post

Dozer wrote:
    I am looking for solid proof that I can print and hand to them as these are people that I would like to educate on the topic. The more knowledge I can share with them the more likely they are to smile and wave as they drive by instead of causing a hassle. I have read the letter to law enforcement that is posted on another thread and printed it as well but does not cover the topics at hand.
    You might not find "proof". There is no "proof" if there is no law against something.

A CPL allows the licensee to carry CONCEALED ANYWHERE except for the few places listed on the back of the card, and to get around those places you can simply OC as long as you have a CPL.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

Also, show them this, see what they think!

Post imported post

Oh my...Is that the "Crack of Dawn" in the background?

Post imported post

Quit derailing the thread Springer.

Post imported post

No that's the armpitize of the camera lady:what:At first it looks like a hinakin or as they call it a boooody:celebrate

Post imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
    No that's the armpitize of the camera lady:what:At first it looks like a hinakin or as they call it a boooody:celebrate
    I still spy a camel toe!

Post imported post

At first I thought she had buckwheat in a headlock!

Post imported post

28.425c License; form; authorized conduct.
    Sec. 5c. (1) A license to carry a concealed pistol shall be in a form, with the same dimensions as a Michigan operator license,
    prescribed by the department of state police. The license shall contain all of the following:
    (a) The licensee’s full name and date of birth.
    (b) A photograph and a physical description of the licensee.
    (c) A statement of the effective dates of the license.
    (d) An indication of exceptions authorized by this act applicable to the licensee.
    (e) An indication whether the license is a duplicate.
    (2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol issued by the county concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:
    (a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.
    (b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state

Post imported post

Thank you Fish for putting us back on track, geez guys...

<.<

>.>

Post imported post

Ok, I'll behave. I do have a leo in my circle of contacts that will field any of my questions to the county prosecutors office for a qualified answer. He's checking on this one. He is saying at this time that it's a bunch of malarky from someone that is against oc.

Post imported post

boobs.

Post imported post

WHAT a GREAT optical illusion THAT was. I pulled that up in class and was like ohhhh sh&*^&*^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast