Thread: Virginia Mayors that support the Blooming Idiot

Post imported post

Here they are. The Freedom Hating 7. Mayors Against Illegal Guns Loons.

Link: http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns..../members.shtml

Virginia:

Mayor William Euille
    Alexandria, VA

Mayor Robin Gardner
    Falls Church, VA

Mayor Brenda Pelham
    Hopewell, VA

Mayor Paul D. Fraim
    Norfolk, VA

Mayor Annie M. Mickens
    Petersburg, VA

Mayor James W. Holley III
    Portsmouth, VA

Mayor Dwight C. Jones
    Richmond, VA
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

I do not understand why you think they are anti freedom. Here is what they want or did you just see they wanted to go after guns, even though they are in the hands of people who should not have them the criminals.

Message from the Co-Chairs

As mayors, our highest responsibility is to enforce the law and to protect the people we serve. One of the most difficult challenges we face in meeting this responsibility is preventing criminals from illegally obtaining guns and using them. The issue of illegal guns is not conservative or liberal; it is an issue of law and order -- and life or death.

We support the Second Amendment and the rights of citizens to own guns. We recognize that the vast majority of gun dealers and gun owners carefully follow the law. And we know that a policy that is appropriate for a small town in one region of the country is not necessarily appropriate for a big city in another region of the country.

But what binds us together is a determination to fight crime, and a belief that we can do more to stop criminals from getting guns while also protecting the rights of citizens to freely own them. We have seen how the polarizing rhetoric of gun politics on all sides only obscures the tragic reality we see every day on our streets: violent criminals with easy access to illegal guns.

We are honored that more than 450 mayors from big cities and small towns from across the country have joined the coalition of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, and we welcome other mayors to stand with us. We are committed to working with our fellow mayors to share best practices, develop innovative policies, and support legislation at the national, state, and local levels that will help law enforcement target illegal guns.

Each mayor in this coalition has signed a statement of principles committing us to this fight. While we will each have different strategies for pursuing those principles, we all agree on the goal: protecting the rights of Americans to own guns, while fighting to keep criminals from possessing guns illegally.

We welcome further contributions to this Web site from our members and we hope it will be a comprehensive resource for each of us as we move forward together to make all cities safer.

Post imported post

thnycav wrote:
    I do not understand why you think they are anti freedom.Â* Here is what they want or did you just see they wanted to go after guns, even though they are in the hands of people who should not have them the criminals.
    Look at the laws they highlight on their website of good examples of things they want to do:

-Make it a crime to fail to report a gun as stolen/lost
    -Require microstamping of guns/ammo.
    -Ban guns from "Certain public spaces, such as courthouses or public areas where large crowds may gather, are particularly sensitive" (I read this as trying to ban guns from anywhere other people are. Theaters, sporting events, parks,etc.
    -Requiring identification to buy ammo
    -Raising the age to have a gun to age 21
    -Banning .50 caliber ammo
    -Require resellers of ammo to have a license

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. Sounds like they want to make more criminals out of people who are safely doing the above things right now.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

mkl wrote:
    thnycav wrote:
    I do not understand why you think they are anti freedom. Here is what they want or did you just see they wanted to go after guns, even though they are in the hands of people who should not have them the criminals.
    Look at the laws they highlight on their website of good examples of things they want to do:

-Ban guns from "Certain public spaces, such as courthouses or public areas where large crowds may gather, are particularly sensitive" (I read this as trying to ban guns from anywhere other people are. Theaters, sporting events, parks,etc.

Doesn't sound like freedom to me. Sounds like they want to make more criminals out of people who are safely doing the above things right now.
    I agree 100%
    They can talk freedom all they want but they are still pushing restriction and regulation. We can't give one inch. These mayors are the enemy...period.

Post imported post

Shall not be infringed.

ANYONE who doesn't appreciate and abide 100% by that statement is suspect of conspiracy against liberty in my book. It's a pretty substantial list. Almost every government stooge at almost every level and capacity is on it.

None of them deserve any delegated authority if they cannot recognize the highest law.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Centurion

Post imported post

Heads up. After we wrap up the VCDL Freedom Rally on the 17th, I have already advised our EMs and Board that I want to go to each of those City Councils and protest those Mayors being a part of such a disgraceful group. Our tax dollars should not be wasted supporting Bloomberg and his anti-freedom agenda.

There will be an alert as we gear up for this in a few weeks.

It's time these Mayors be called out on their sellout of gun owners.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    SNIP It's time these Mayors be called out on their sellout of gun owners.
    And their betrayal of humanity by placing restrictions on the basic human right of self-defense.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I wote to every Virginia Mayor on the list (you all should too)...

Dear Mayor:

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? I find it disgraceful that you are following Mayor Bloomberg down his path of disarming law abiding citizens! When you start coming up with MORE GUN LAWS to keep me from owning, using, carrying firearms and protecting myself and my family.. YOU ARE INFRINGING!.

All of these "suggestions" infringe on the rights on legal gun owners. If you want to stop the criminals, enforce the existing laws but don't create more. The criminals don't follow them anyway!

I respectfully request that you listen to the citizens of Virginia and immediately withdraw from this disgraceful group of uninformed mayors!

Thank you!

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

thnycav wrote:
    They are promoting a gun offender registry like the sex offender registry.

Thinkabout it. You drive into town with your rifle in the rifle rack. The gun has the safety on and the chamber is clear. You get pulled over for a burned out tail light. The officer sees the rifle in your back window. He takes the rifle out of the rack and discovers that there is ammunition in the magazine. He writes you a ticket for havng a loaded rifle in an automobile on the road. $100 fine. You are pissed, because you know that your gun was not loaded, but you don't have time to go to court and you pay the fine.

Next wek you get a letter from the sheriff saying that you have 14 days to register in the gun offender registry.

Yup. That is what thesepeopleare all about.

He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

This is great Philip!!! Back to Norfolk City Council.

Centurion

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Yes - I'm sure Mayor Fraim will mark his calendar in eager anticipation.

Councilman Riddick will have his best running shoes on that day so he can sprint from the room in protest as soon as "uppity" citizens dare to bring their grievances to City Council.:X

Councilman Wright will surely mention that he "is a gun-rights supporter, BUT..."

Ah, the memories from the good old days

Post imported post

While I believe some of these mayors would join the SS or the KKK, just to spite the VCDL, what a statement it would make if somehow Virginia were totally absent from this list of sell-out mayors!

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    While I believe some of these mayors would join the SS or the KKK, just to spite the VCDL, what a statement it would make if somehow Virginia were totally absent from this list of sell-out mayors!

TFred
    At least we don't have as many as Pennsylvania. To your point, having one is one to many.

Post imported post

VCDL President wrote:
    Thundar wrote:
    Yes - I'm sure Mayor Fraim will mark his calendar in eager anticipation.

Councilman Riddick will have his best running shoes on that day so he can sprint from the room in protest as soon as "uppity" citizens dare to bring their grievances to City Council.:X

Councilman Wright will surely mention that he "is a gun-rights supporter, BUT..."

Ah, the memories from the good old days
    Please announce this day far and wide. I want to attend this little outing.