• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New post for 17OCT San Diego meetup

chewy352

imported post

I would like to invite all of the San Diego areaopen carriers to join me at the Starbucks in Kearny Mesa on 17 Oct at 1:00pm. There is no format, just getting to know everyone. The Starbucks is located at: 4240 Kearny Mesa Blvd. San Diego, CA 92111

Everyone is invited even if you want to drive out from LA. I just thought In addition to monthly meetups for all of so-cal a county meetup would be useful to discuss local issues.

Remember to try and bring someone new and come thirsty so we give a good impression to the store.

Michael

chewy352

imported post

Kendall will be there too.

I just went in yesterday and struck up a conversation with one of the baristas, or whatever they're called, so that she knows me and isn't intimidated by me. She will be there when we are. I did not mention that we would UOC just that I was bringing in a group of people.

619P95

imported post

OK I will be there as will my Dad, first time carrying for both of us. Would someone that is going to be there please PM my a cell number that I can call when we get there? As it is our First time I would like to make sure others are there first before walking in armed :)

Thanks
Mike

pullnshoot25

imported post

619P95 wrote:
OK I will be there as will my Dad, first time carrying for both of us. Would someone that is going to be there please PM my a cell number that I can call when we get there? As it is our First time I would like to make sure others are there first before walking in armed :)

Thanks
Mike
Just take the plunge, dude.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
619P95 wrote:

Thanks
Mike
Just take the plunge, dude.

lol I could just imagine them walking in first and being flanked by a swat team. "What is this some sort of OC initiationjoke!?!" hahahah

Damn you San Diegans, I swear it must be twice as liberal there than here where I live near Sacramento yet I see you guys always meeting up. Keep it uppp

SDPISTOLGRIP

imported post

The problem here is that people are nervous to do something legal? Don't worry you will be in good company and we stick together and keep our recorders going. It was funny the last time we met the 2 Harbor police officers that spotted us were flipping a coin over which one of them was gonna have to go talk to us. It seems that the LEO's are getting more and more educated, and also OCers are making a bold statement, and our voices are widely known now. So come one come all dont be scared. I will see everyone at 1! Carry on!

chewy352

imported post

SDPISTOLGRIP wrote:
The problem here is that people are nervous to do something legal? Don't worry you will be in good company and we stick together and keep our recorders going. It was funny the last time we met the 2 Harbor police officers that spotted us were flipping a coin over which one of them was gonna have to go talk to us. It seems that the LEO's are getting more and more educated, and also OCers are making a bold statement, and our voices are widely known now. So come one come all dont be scared. I will see everyone at 1! Carry on!
Nicely put

pullnshoot25

imported post

619P95 wrote:
LOL what Streetbiker said is my only real fear is showing up and having the cops there waiting heh

Who gives a flying rat's ass? Let them be Nazis for a minute and do their 12031 check then politely tell them to pound sand. You are doing nothing illegal.

At least walk like you are sort of a free man.

chewy352

imported post

Today's meetup was great. We had about 8 people UOC and 3 unarmed witnesses.

Starbucks employee's were very welcoming despite some differing opinions on the issue.

Afterwards Kendall and I went to the Halloween store to get our costumes. Border Patrol Babe and Illegal Alien in case your wondering. Then we went to Walmart at Aero and I 15. I finally saw one of the infamous screaming children but it wasn't because of me. :(

All day we had no LEO interaction and no negative interactions. Kendall is also now OK with me UOCing daily yea. :celebrate

Thank you all that attended and we missed everyone that was unable to. I would like to make this a monthly meet for San Diego on the weekend after the So Cal meetups. If you have any ideas for locations/events please post them. New thread to come shortly.

yelohamr

imported post

I usually UOC solo. This was my 1st UOCwith a group. It was a great meetup. As a senior citizen gunslinger, Idon't think I was a bad influence on anyone. See you at the next one.