• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wonder if they consider us Jackson OCer's a gang...

T Vance

imported post

I know the crime is bad around here (not really much worse than many other places though), but I drive ALL around Jackson. I usually drive through what some might consider "the hood" on a regular basis. I have never seen what I thought to be a gang anywhere in this town. I don't hear/read about shootout's neither.

The policeneed to focus on getting out into the community, being friendly, and doing more patrolling instead of setting up speed traps instead of worrying about non-existant gangs. I think all they are trying to do is try and get more people to snitch on others by trying to get the community involved.

rj3663

imported post

If you check out the four warning signs they apply to all motorcycle clubs, even mine. We use hand signals on the road, we wear the same patch, we have tattoos and we have jewelry and clothing that we can't explain. Any biker will tell you, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand". These things also apply to little leauge, boy scouts, girl scouts, Masons... on and on and on.

T Vance

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
I have worked as a driver in jackson for about 10 years there isnt a gang issue unless its us

I've only lived out here for less than 3 years, but I think I'd know if there was a gang or not. I don't see any gangs.

Just another term thrown at a people. Just like that fine JPD officer called me (and other Jackson OCer's) a "gun-nut".

maahes

imported post

yep lots of gangs... bloods, crypts, unemployeds, they are everywhere.

ive lived in/near this town all my life, there is no gang problem. Theres a job problem, a drug problem, a homeless problem, an uneducated youth problem, but no gang problem. Closest thing to gangs in Jackson would be a bunch of kids getting in trouble downtown, claiming they are a "gang". Jackson PD needs to go hang out with Chicago PD or Detroit PD for a weekend and learn what "gang" is.

but I could be wrong I may know a few gang members, they communicate to their friends with hand signals. In fact they must be super hardcore gang members because that's all they use to talk now! I think most of them even stopped listening to people not in the "gang" and just ignore them when they talk, its kinda rude, they just act like they cant hear you.

Michigander

imported post

To be fair, in my travels around Michigan on the Michigander bike tour, I have had more problems in Jackson with groups of white trash gang types than anywhere else. I will also say that the police were almost no help.

Not that it's a bad place, far from it, but it does have its problems at times.

T Vance

imported post

Michigander wrote:
To be fair, in my travels around Michigan on the Michigander bike tour, I have had more problems in Jackson with groups of white trash gang types than anywhere else. I will also say that the police were almost no help.

Not that it's a bad place, far from it, but it does have its problems at times.

Yes, we have our problems, but those white trash gang types you speak of were probably not in a "gang".

Michigander

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Yes, we have our problems, but those white trash gang types you speak of were probably not in a "gang".
Depends on how you want to define gang. I've heard some people define gangs as any group of people who meet for any reason.

But in the sense of whether or not they considered themselves a gang, I tend to doubt it.

PT111

imported post

Since you fellows don't seem to have any gangs to keep you busy you can borrow some of ours. I doubt that our Sheriff would object to you having as many as you want on permanent loan. :cuss:

wally1120

imported post

I guess the Jackson city,and sheriff departments consider three people a gang. But hey they consider that a gang then they have nothing better to do,and more then likely they are to scared to approach a GANG,but the cops continue to not resolve any of the problems around here so if someone comes up with some stupid decesion then I will